• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ford Racing Performance Short Throw Shifter GB!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the feel I don't really know. I mean it feels different, but not a ton. I guess I was thinking it would be a LOT shorter of a throw. It just seems to be a little bit shorter. You can really notice it on the 1st-2nd and 3rd-4th shifts. I really should measure it, just to have a number to quantify it. I think the shifter might be binding up a little bit on the floor too though. The shift seems harder then it should be, thats probably because it's the prototype riser plate instead of the full thickness one. I should try mounting some washers in there to see if improves the feel.

Well, you are moving the cable, forks and synchrose faster, that might be part of the stiffer feel. I will order the 20 risers tomorrow, and give everyone a estimated completion date.

Alright guys so heres the deal. There was only 16 of these shifters left. So I have sent PM's to the first 16 people on the list with instructions on how to order. As I had them all ordered under my name the minute I found out there was only 16 left. It's also not a guarantee that all 16 will make it to the dealership as people may have placed orders prior to mine that had not been processed.

As for the shift knobs there was a number of different options. The Focus ST shift knobs are available, which look just like the Cougar knob, but with Red stichings. These can be had for ~$37.50 + shipping. There was also a few other knobs available in the low $40's range. If you guys are interested let me know and I'll throw up all the details and part numbers.

For everyone else on the list for this shifter that could not get one due to the quanities available I am looking into getting a deal with the Steeda shifters. As of right now I we were only able to get them at $110 from Steeda directly. However I am working with other suppliers to see if they can match the price we got through Ford.

I will keep everyone posted!

i want the focus ST knob! also i thought that was a 6 speed? part # please

Last edited:
i want the focus ST knob! also i thought that was a 6 speed? part # please

Nope. He told me it was a 5spd knob. I'll call him today and see if he can send me pictures as well as part numbers. Apparently they lock him out of his fototime acount while he is at work so he has to do it other ways. I for sure will have the part numbers today by 12:30pm CT.

The SVT was the only 6 speed focus that i'm aware of, the ST was a 5 speed. I'll keep checking this Mike if it looks good i'll buy one too but i'm not paying for shipping when I can just pick it up :)

i ordered the ST knob and it was $35.50
I also ordered one. Steve charged me $35.71. So he must like you more. :laugh:

Oh, for those who wants the Cougar knob, Steve's price is $43.74. He does not have it in stock but he can order. I am not sure if he indeed can order because Bill said there are only 12 of them. And Steve said as far as he knows the ST knob is the same as the Cougar one except the red stitching. I remember seeing WRX STi's factory shift knob that has all the red stitching on it and it looks cooler than stealthy stitching one. So it works for me.

For those who wants the PATS key blanks Steve got them also. I particularly asked if there is a central groove in the key blank because the OEM Straitt keys I bought on Ebay do not. Even though people bought the non-grooved key blank told me it works fine but I am just picky. Fine, call me anal but I do like the grooved one better. He sells for $13.61 so I got 2. This will definitely save me some shipping cost.

My Cougar nob came today from Bill. Nice piece! Extremely quick shipping. Glad I got one before they are all gone.

Shift knobs

Shift knobs

Well I just got off the phone with Steve. The Cougar shift knobs from what he can tell are NOT being discontinued. They only had 12, now 9 in stock. Its just not an item they keep a large stock in as Ford doesn't sell that many.

However the RS Focus shift knob pictured above IS discontinued (atleast for ordering through Ford) and there are none available. However if they were Steve sells them for $22.

As far as the other parts, here are the details:

Focus ST knob, (basically cougar knob with red stiching) -- $35.71 + S/H
1S7Z-7213-A
P1010134.jpg

Cougar knob (9 available as of now) -- $43.94 + S/H
1S8Z-7213-BB

I'll get pictures up later tonight when Steve sends them to me (He has to do it from his house).

Last edited:
Focus ST knob updated picture

Focus ST knob updated picture

Just updated the picture of the Focus ST knob, its hot :drool:

I might just have to replace my Cougar knob with that just for the red stiching...

Bill I appreciate what you are trying to do here, but please do not hijack this thread with your offers when clearly we have been working with Tousley Ford on their offers. If you would like to offer these knobs to people please start another thread. Thanks.

I take exception to this post. Bill wasn't hijacking the thread, he was trying to be helpful. In my experience reading CEG group buy threads, it's pretty common for people to point out a comparable item/value. More choice benefits CEG members. If someone can offer a comparable/better deal on any of the items posted in any group buy thread, they absolutely should post it.

I take exception to this post. Bill wasn't hijacking the thread, he was trying to be helpful. In my experience reading CEG group buy threads, it's pretty common for people to point out a comparable item/value. More choice benefits CEG members. If someone can offer a comparable/better deal on any of the items posted in any group buy thread, they absolutely should post it.

It may be common, but it's rude. He didn't even have a lower price. I could have saved teamSVTour 4-5 bucks on the Cougar knob he bought. In any case its over and done with. I said my bit, made my point. I don't think there is any reason to dwell on this any longer.

For everyone else looking for short throw shifters I have not given up! I've contacted a few other companies and am working on trying to find another good group buy deal. I will keep everyone as up-to-date as possible. Hang in there!

Which one is better the B&M Short Shofter or the Ford Racing Short Throw Shifter

Did you read any of the post??

With the B&M short shifter the distance from the fulcrum to the point at which the shift linkages attaches is the same as the stock shifter.

The Ford Racing short shifter has an increased length so the throw of the shift is shorter.

Did you read any of the post??

With the B&M short shifter the distance from the fulcrum to the point at which the shift linkages attaches is the same as the stock shifter.

The Ford Racing short shifter has an increased length below the fulcrum point so the throw of the shift is shorter.

fixed

tennn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back