• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ford Racing Performance Short Throw Shifter GB!

Status
Not open for further replies.
mine came today with the focus st knob and its a nice. now i just need the riser plate. and do we use the black metal plate that comes with the shifter? im guessing no

Last edited:
do we use the black metal plate that comes with the shifter? im guessing no

Your correct. It won't work with the 98-99 contiques, but it might work with the 00 contiques. Reason being is that the mount changed. The bolt pattern is closer on the 2000 and I'm guessing from the looks of it atleast, that it is the same as the Focus mounts.

Just got my shifter from UPS! Looks awesome. Hey does anyone know where to get the new bushings on the shifter. Mine are very much worn and shifter is pretty sloppy, this gives me an excuse to change them out.

-Jon

Well I just got off the phone with Steve. The Cougar shift knobs from what he can tell are NOT being discontinued. They only had 12, now 9 in stock. Its just not an item they keep a large stock in as Ford doesn't sell that many.

However the RS Focus shift knob pictured above IS discontinued (atleast for ordering through Ford) and there are none available. However if they were Steve sells them for $22.

As far as the other parts, here are the details:

Focus ST knob, (98 on hand at Ford as of 03/21/2007) (basically cougar knob with red stiching) -- $35.71 + S/H
1S7Z-7213-A

Cougar knob (2 available as 03/21/2007) -- $43.94 + S/H
1S8Z-7213-BB

Changes made to qty. available.

pimpdcontour said:
and what would the part # be for these? and price wise

Yeah this is what I'm really trying to figure out. In the Duratec Performance section I think Morbid, said he had changed his out for like $8, but I don't know where he got it. Anyone care to enlighten us?

-Jon

Well are the full cables available?
-tropictour

i think so , i have only been looking for the white bushings. here are some diagrams with part #'s from bill.

7210no7.jpg

72102ny4.jpg

Yeah I've been in contact with about every car parts store, the ford dealer in town, and Bill. Bill sent my the same diagram as that. I emailed him back asking for the price of the bushings, but hasn't responded yet. When i went to the Ford Stealer, they showed my the same diagram but it didn't have any of the part numbers on it, just one for the entire assembly. They told me Ford won't sell it unless it is entire assembly form. Went to Autozone and O'Reiley's and both couldn't get just bushings. On a side note, niether of the Autozone or O'Reiley's employees knew what a CSVT was, nor that a contour even came with a stick. The Autozone guy seemed pretty distraught that I couldn't get them, it was really weird, he was trying so hard and just seemed like he felt really bad when he couldn't find anything. But its a small town kind of mentality. I'm gonna try Napa and CarQuest today, but I'm not gonna hold out any hope, gonna also bring along my Chilton's guide and see if we can't try and find the specific part name, instead of just shifter bushings. If anyone else has ideas, bring them on!

-Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back