• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ford Racing Performance Short Throw Shifter GB!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) TeamSVTour
2) Tropictour
3) Cinder
4) 69Boss302
5) svtjon87
6) KyleQ
7) icysvt
8) Primalzer1998
9) Brent372
10) yamaharacer686 (depending on when this goes down)
11) SVTC1136
12) SVT3391
13) Bugzuki
14) dpa43
15) muntus
16) imurdaddytoo sport
17) CSVT1214
18) OB1
19) Clay_SVT
20) Sprebound
21) pimpdcontour
22)dano78
23) Andy Bennett
24) Blast47
25) LukeDuke
26) Bensenvill
27) Pole120
28) Big Jim
29) Schattastic SVT
30) Blackfoot
31) LilCe98
32) 99 svt
33) Turbo_Fox

im in too

1) TeamSVTour
2) Tropictour
3) Cinder
4) 69Boss302
5) svtjon87
6) KyleQ
7) icysvt
8) Primalzer1998
9) Brent372
11) SVTC1136
12) SVT3391
13) Bugzuki
14) dpa43
15) muntus
16) imurdaddytoo sport
17) CSVT1214
18) OB1
19) Clay_SVT
20) Sprebound
21) pimpdcontour
22)dano78
23) Andy Bennett
24) Blast47
25) LukeDuke
26) Bensenvill
27) Pole120
28) Big Jim
29) Schattastic SVT
30) Blackfoot
31) LilCe98
32) 99 svt
33) Turbo_Fox
34) CA SVT Driver

Thanks in advance for researching the 2000 riser plate.......

CA SVT Driver
2000 T. Red CSVT

Installation How-To

Installation How-To

I posted the details to my install in Duratec Performance here

Somethings didn't go as planned and I still have some tweaks I need to do, but the car is drivable.

I need to pick up some new bolts that are not hex head, but rather allen or torx heads.

Edit: You do not need a new spring. The slot for the current centering spring needs to be modified so that everything still fits when you install the new one.

Last edited:
1) TeamSVTour
2) Tropictour
3) Cinder
4) 69Boss302
5) svtjon87
6) KyleQ
7) icysvt
8) Primalzer1998
9) Brent372
11) SVTC1136
12) SVT3391
13) Bugzuki
14) dpa43
15) muntus
16) imurdaddytoo sport
17) CSVT1214
18) OB1
19) Clay_SVT
20) Sprebound
21) pimpdcontour
22) dano78
23) Andy Bennett
24) Blast47
25) LukeDuke
26) Bensenvill
27) Pole120
28) Big Jim
29) Schattastic SVT
30) Blackfoot
31) LilCe98
32) 99 svt
33) Turbo_Fox
34) CA SVT Driver
35) GrooveNerd

Marty

People looking for knobs. I can get seven of these and sell them for like $40 + S&H.

M7213RS_ShiftKnob.jpg

If you want the Cougar (1S8Z-7213-BB) one (leather with aluminum insert), that is $47.50 plus S&H and there are only 12 of these left, for GOOD.

7213dw0.jpg

Last edited:
Damn! I gonna have to order a new Cougar knob now. I have one already that is getting a good amount of wear, and I'd like a new one to go with my new steering wheel.

Alright guys so heres the deal. There was only 16 of these shifters left. So I have sent PM's to the first 16 people on the list with instructions on how to order. As I had them all ordered under my name the minute I found out there was only 16 left. It's also not a guarantee that all 16 will make it to the dealership as people may have placed orders prior to mine that had not been processed.

As for the shift knobs there was a number of different options. The Focus ST shift knobs are available, which look just like the Cougar knob, but with Red stichings. These can be had for ~$37.50 + shipping. There was also a few other knobs available in the low $40's range. If you guys are interested let me know and I'll throw up all the details and part numbers.

For everyone else on the list for this shifter that could not get one due to the quanities available I am looking into getting a deal with the Steeda shifters. As of right now I we were only able to get them at $110 from Steeda directly. However I am working with other suppliers to see if they can match the price we got through Ford.

I will keep everyone posted!

People looking for knobs....

Bill I appreciate what you are trying to do here, but please do not hijack this thread with your offers when clearly we have been working with Tousley Ford on their offers. If you would like to offer these knobs to people please start another thread. Thanks.

As for the shift knobs there was a number of different options. The Focus ST shift knobs are available, which look just like the Cougar knob, but with Red stichings. These can be had for ~$37.50 + shipping. There was also a few other knobs available in the low $40's range. If you guys are interested let me know and I'll throw up all the details and part numbers.

Do you have any pics of the knobs that you have? I'm intersted since mine is getting worn

Bill I appreciate what you are trying to do here, but please do not hijack this thread with your offers when clearly we have been working with Tousley Ford on their offers. If you would like to offer these knobs to people please start another thread. Thanks.

I thought this was about getting the best price not being exclusive. Tousley has come through on the shifter that is for sure. But I did not feel Bill was trying to hijack the thread. Thanks for all the hard work you have done CSVT#49. :cool:
Paul

I am trying to see if I can find some more. I found one place that has three instock, so tomorrow I will see how much they would part with them for. We have to hurry before they find out the have some of the last ones.

I thought this was about getting the best price not being exclusive. Tousley has come through on the shifter that is for sure. But I did not feel Bill was trying to hijack the thread. Thanks for all the hard work you have done CSVT#49. :cool:
Paul

Well I said that Tousley Ford was looking into getting us a deal on the shift knobs as well and initially we were talking about a package deal with the shifters, which then lead to the possibility of a seperate GB on the shift knobs. I then said I was going to post prices and pictures for the shift knobs... not to many posts later Bill posts about his shift knobs and his prices before I posted what Tousley Ford told me. I don't know it just seemed rude to me. :shrug:

Well I said that Tousley Ford was looking into getting us a deal on the shift knobs as well and initially we were talking about a package deal with the shifters, which then lead to the possibility of a seperate GB on the shift knobs. I then said I was going to post prices and pictures for the shift knobs... not to many posts later Bill posts about his shift knobs and his prices before I posted what Tousley Ford told me. I don't know it just seemed rude to me. :shrug:

OK, I see where you are coming from. How's the new shifter feel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back