• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ford Racing Performance Short Throw Shifter GB!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, mine arrived yesterday with PCV valve and cabin air filter. Will have to get moving on this. I am debating whether to get ramps or jack stands (I have a 2000). Won't be long though.

I'm still trying to find a good deal. A lot of people are not responding to my requests. I'm working the issue though. Bugzuki may have come across something, but I haven't heard anything more.

I have not heard more. I will give Steeda a call in the morning and see how many we would need to purchase to get them for 110.00 like they promised before.

Sorry I'm a bit late on this, but are there no more Ford Shifters available?? If not, I may be interested in a Steeda Groupbuy..sorry for being soooo late!

Does anyone know anything about these Fuzion shifters? They look like they could be a knock off of the Steeda shifters, but I don't know. Just trying to save some people money, but I wouldn't want to sacrifice quality either.

Last edited:
Steeda just told me no. It would be in violation of there dealer agreement. They cut dealers off if they undercut the list price, so they can only give us like 10 bucks off. We would not be able to post any prices and they would have to have like 20 orders.

I have a way for us to get the Steeda short throw shifters from a guy here are the details:

Apexmotorsports said:
If you want to take 10 units I can do them for $120 and $115 if you want 20 units

I also got another reply from a different guy saying:

Tranzit Motorsports said:
at 15 i could do them at 116, a piece at 20 i could do 111, and at 25 i can do 108 ,each 50 we can do 99, 100 i can do 95 each. all of the prices are shipped in the us.

did anyone have a problem where the reverse lock out tube is a little to far below the shift Knob? yes i have the pin in and the knob is all the way on. if i turn in anymore its backward. its the focus st knob.

did anyone have a problem where the reverse lock out tube is a little to far below the shift Knob? yes i have the pin in and the knob is all the way on. if i turn in anymore its backward. its the focus st knob.

How many turns did your nob go on? Reason why I'm asking is b/c it seems the Ford Racing shifter threads are different than the Steeda. I sold Tropictour my brand new steeda nob that I had tried on my Steeda when I got it. It fit perfect. My stock SVT nob also fit perfect on the Steeda. Now I have a Cougar nob on my Steeda and it also fits perfect. However Tropictour said the Steeda nob I sent him only twisted on about two turns on his Ford Racing shifter. So as a result it seems the threads between the Steeda and Ford Racing are different. If your nob isn't screwed down all the way this could explain the gap between the reverse lockout.

The B&M knob won't thread on either. I'm considering selling mine and the riser plate and just keeping the B&M

you can feel it if you try on mine and you cant see it untill you look close. i think its just odd and its for a focus and i have a focus knob. you know

I have a Steeda knob and it will not thread onto the FRPP shifter. Its wierd but I will have to track down a new shift knob.
-tropictour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back