• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

car is in paint !!!

Thanks alot Brian....i didn't think to bring an extra pair of pants to work today....hope you're happy.

Def need to match the eyebrows or take em off.

~Josh

Thanks alot Brian....i didn't think to bring an extra pair of pants to work today....hope you're happy.

Def need to match the eyebrows or take em off.

~Josh

I thought when I got them that they would be a good match ... I need to see em in the daylight to see how it is ....

anyone got a fiberglass set they want to sell me?

lookin good, I hope you got some padding/foam under that mirko so that no paint on the bumper will be damaged..

shoulda molded it man..

Looks GREAT so far :drool: :drool: ! Can't wait to see it in person .

Wonder why they cut the ventshades :shrug: . Are they now short where they go under the sail panels ?

yeah no idea why they got cut .. they are about 1/2 inch short of the back or the rear windows ...

hurry up,

im impatient and want to see it done. I know how it feels to finally get something done that you put a lot of time into(my car). Yah its a good feeling.

Nice job
Dan

That color doesn't look like the factory color. The eyelids actually look blue, but the car looks more grey. Can't wait to see pics in the daylight!

But I'll agree, you'll have to do something about the lids. Gotta match!
And I don't know if they've bolted the rear bumper up or not, but I'd see if they can take care of that slight sag it's got. It'll only get worse with the weight of the SVT bumper.
And IMO, vent visors ruin the look of a clean car. You won't be driving the car in the rain, and you don't smoke, so why have them? They just look cheap. Sorry :(

Other than that, that car is friggin sawweeeeeet!!! :cool:

Mark

That color doesn't look like the factory color. The eyelids actually look blue, but the car looks more grey. Can't wait to see pics in the daylight!

But I'll agree, you'll have to do something about the lids. Gotta match!
And I don't know if they've bolted the rear bumper up or not, but I'd see if they can take care of that slight sag it's got. It'll only get worse with the weight of the SVT bumper.
And IMO, vent visors ruin the look of a clean car. You won't be driving the car in the rain, and you don't smoke, so why have them? They just look cheap. Sorry :(

Other than that, that car is friggin sawweeeeeet!!! :cool:

Mark

well the color is medium steel blue metallic ... it looked more grey when it came out of th epaint booth, it looks more blue now. not that it is a good way to compair but as you can see behind the headlight isn't much different in color. Also when i saw the car with the rear bumper off and with the drivers door open the color appeared to be the same ... the original color could have faided some as I am sure the original owner didn't take that great care of the car :cry: , as to why I got the whole thing painted, there was bird and sap damage to the paint to the metal and the rear bumper was hit as there where scrapes across the whole back of the car ... :cry: , the interior still needs some spot removal also but I am getting it there like I want it. :help:

yes I will do something with the eyelids, I thought the blue would be closer when I got em, guess I was wrong :cry:

I don't think that the bumper is sagging but I will check it out

eh, I like the ventvisors ...

ok, I should definately have the car back this afternoon ... or so they say there is only an 2 or 3 hours of work left to complete ... ie cleanup and detailing ...

Last edited:
Looks pretty friggin' sweet to me! I agree on dumping the Ventshades though.

well I don't so :p

:laugh: I like em so they are staying .... I will be leaving shortly to head home then I am going over to get the car ... stay tuned for some pics after I get a few more of the exterior parts back on the car ...

yes I know that the eyelids do not match ... need to deside what to do about that ... anyone have a fiberglass set they want to sell me??? please ?

anyway some quick shots for the moment ...

DSC03085.JPG

DSC03086.JPG

DSC03087.JPG

DSC03088.JPG

DSC03089.JPG

Back