• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

car is in paint !!!

BrApple

No Life But CEG
well the body of the car has been painted. I walked in today and :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: as I got closer to the car :drool: :drool: :drool: now the color does seem at times to be darker then I thought/remember but the car still needs to be wet sanded and buffed, then it will be shinier :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

the break down goes as this, since there was an issue getting the right tint for the paint everything has fallen behind ... tomorrow morning a cobra replica will be painted then a Volvo in the afternoon, this will leave them time to set up the bumpers, mirko, side skirts, spoiler, door handles and mirrors in the paint booth to be painted first thing Monday as they don't think that they will be able to start Friday afternoon. then after that the car will be put back together and wet sanded and buffed getting it back to me mid next week.

Last edited:
so onto the pics :laugh:

DSC02990.JPG

DSC02991.JPG

DSC02992.JPG

DSC02993.JPG

DSC02995.JPG

DSC02996.JPG

DSC02997.JPG

DSC02998.JPG

DSC02997.JPG

wow!! that is going to look like the sex once the svt kit is on!! i love that color even more now!

why did they leave ONE vent shade on but take the rest off??

Is that the exact shade as your original Steel Blue? Looks a tad more blue-gray in the pics, I actually like it more. It's going to come out beautiful either way though!

Is that the exact shade as your original Steel Blue? Looks a tad more blue-gray in the pics, I actually like it more. It's going to come out beautiful either way though!

yeah i thought it was alittle darker also then before, will see what happens with the wet sanding and buffing

im sure after wet sanding and all, that should complete the color, its too early to tell what it looks like or if its light or dark, once its out in the sun, then we can see for real :)

it does look grey on most of the pics, but in some of them, if you look off to the left or right, away from the main focus of the camera, you can see the blue better.

Doesn't matter though, it looks hawt!

Back