• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

car is in paint !!!

smiliethud3yj9kf.gif

can't see that image at work ... will comment later

It's a little dude fainting. :)

I think 4k is reasonable for quality work, especially considering what I paid for just my hood.

It's a little dude fainting. :)

I think 4k is reasonable for quality work, especially considering what I paid for just my hood.

my thoughts also, the time and expence is in body work, it takes time to fill all the dents and dings in and to prep the body for paint and to wet sand afterwards .... that was the average of the quotes that I got, ~4k

almost there !

almost there !

well I stopped on my way home from work but I didn't have my camera with me so no pics today ... anyway the passanger side needs to be buffed and the door handles and mirror reinstalled ... rear bumper needs to be bolted down and a few other thinks need to be reinstalled ... should be the only car to buff tomorrow so I should have it back. Sucky thing is it is going to rain ... I will post some pics tomorrow of course :crazy:

even one of the techs said that the black on the rear bumper around the exhaust cut looks great, I have to agree

also I know some people couldn't believe the cost ... good body work and paint cost alot ... but to show how highly regarded this shop is they are working on a cobra from New Hampshire, got in a GT40 replica from Cali that is being painted for a guy down in Perto Rico ... he sent up a diecast model painted like he wants the car painted ... and they have some people from Virginia coming up this afternoon to discuss another cobra project ... from what I have seen the work they do is :drool: :drool:

...also I know some people couldn't believe the cost ... good body work and paint cost alot ......

At the end of the day, it is worth every penny, if you plan to keep the car for sometime. You will be driving a "close to new car" now and nothing beats the nice feeling when you see the car or drive it the first time in the morning. Two thumbs up.

At the end of the day, it is worth every penny, if you plan to keep the car for sometime. You will be driving a "close to new car" now and nothing beats the nice feeling when you see the car or drive it the first time in the morning. Two thumbs up.

yes I plan to keep this car a long time, and I want to start going to car shows and showing the car so the paint is worth it there

alright ... I just ordered the ultimate kit and added the glass clear to it

Woot! That is exactly what I bought. The glass polisher works awesome too.

I bought a PC7424 at the same time also, so if you want to borrow it, just let me know.

I won't charge you much. j/k :p

I had streaking problems with the Z8 recently. I think it's because I suck and didn't wipe off the Z2 well enough.

btw the new Z5 smells like the cereal Fruity Pebbles. Do your best not to try and eat it.
heh

I had streaking problems with the Z8 recently. I think it's because I suck and didn't wipe off the Z2 well enough.

btw the new Z5 smells like the cereal Fruity Pebbles. Do your best not to try and eat it.
heh

I eat Zaino all the time. With Z6 spray, its usually one spray on the car, one spray in the mouth!

[Homer]mouth watering monkeys[\Homer]

almost there

almost there

didn't get the car back today :cry: they need it for another 2 to 3 hours to finish up the detailing that they do ....

I tell you the paint looks :drool: . One small issue has come up ... the rear ventvisors on the car where cut short, not broken because the plastic would have shattered but cut ... and they where cut evenly on both sides. since I have been taking photos the owner said if I can show him in a photo that they are different now then when I brought the car over then he would pay for them ... luckily I have a photo, since showing him the Mystique didn't do it ... but its a minor thing compaired to the paint, luckly I have some spare vent visors since I had to replace just one on the Mystique before ...

anywho onto a few pics from today :laugh:

DSC03077.JPG

DSC03078.JPG

DSC03079.JPG

DSC03080.JPG

DSC03081.JPG

DSC03082.JPG

DSC03083.JPG

Back