• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

brake brackets: FSVT/SVT conversion kit

brake brackets: FSVT/SVT conversion kit

• Yes! I want both front and rear conversion kits to 300/280mm

Votes: 33 51.6%
  • Yes, but I'm only interested in the front FSVT 300mm kit

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Yes, but I'm only interested in the rear SVT 280mm kit

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • Interested but I can't do the work myself

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Interested but I won't buy because it looks too difficult

Votes: 6 9.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for clarifying, I guess I didn't understand if you were talking about the adapter brackets or the factory brackets :eek:

If you buy my other set of brakes you'll have twice as much understanding... :shrug: :laugh:

Seriously though, this was part of the planned group buy I'm hoping there is someone out there who needs a set, someone who needs to buy them.
This is why the last time I did these I wouldn't start ordering until I had something down from everyone.

Okay, I have created a new design that should allow the Non-SVT folks to buy upgraded brakes without first having to source SVT/LateCougar front brake caliper brackets.
I need to know the interest check on this part before I spend the money to prototype it.

Price for the C-SE->FSVT rotors would be the same as the CSVT->FSVT rotor front kit.
The rears are exactly the same.

Okay, I have created a new design that should allow the Non-SVT folks to buy upgraded brakes without first having to source SVT/LateCougar front brake caliper brackets.
I need to know the interest check on this part before I spend the money to prototype it.

Price for the C-SE->FSVT rotors would be the same as the CSVT->FSVT rotor front kit.
The rears are exactly the same.

If I can find some rims I want, I'd be interested. For now, tentative.

Warning on using FSVT rear rotors!

Warning on using FSVT rear rotors!

Warning:

We are in the process of testing the Focust SVT rotors on the rear of the Car and we forsee a problem.
As the pads on the rear wear down and become thinner they may be able to slide out of their grooves due to the thinner rear FSVT rotors.
This would occur as the pads wear down below 50% thickness.
We are looking at a solution right now of offering updated caliper brackets on a core charge basis so you can just bolt up the FSVT rotor kit OR you may continue to use the CSVT front rotors on the rears!

Aren't the FSVT rear rotors solid without the venting between the two pad surfaces? Seems like that would allow more heat to build up. I know it is on the back, but it just seems like a down grade to me.

The front FSVT rotors are not thinner, and Warmonger's statement - below - says rear FSVT rotors.

Warning:
As the pads on the rear wear down and become thinner they may be able to slide out of their grooves due to the thinner rear FSVT rotors.
This would occur as the pads wear down below 50% thickness.

Correct. The Front FSVT rotors are huge vented discs.
The rear FSVT rotors are thin, non-vented discs the same diameter as teh CSVT Fronts. Braking force in the rear is much much less so warping isn't an issue in most cases. If you have any concern then do the CSVT conversion.

If you still want to use the FSVT rotors in the rear then we will have to use a combination of the spacer provided and washers to center the rotor and then you will have to have some additional material added to the insides where the pads slide. Joey successfully welded more material onto his and they survived track day at Gingerman this weekend at SZ07.
We are going to look at just pre-prepping CSVT rotors so that you have minimal work to widen the stock brackets out to fit rather than deal with the FSVT thin rotors and add material.

If you want the FSVT rears then we may be able to just start a core-charge exchange where you send us your old rear brackets and then we ship them back to you ready. We aren't sure about the liability of this last option but we already have listed these producst as-is/off-road use/no warranty other than if a part is visibly damaged prior to putting it on.
It is up to you to inspect everything for serviceability anyway.

Another note: We may set it up to where we have a Contact in Michigan to do these brake installs so you won't have to deal with the install at all.
Just give it a bit of time.

There hasn't been a group buy for those yet. I have been looking for slotted FSVT front rotors, but haven't been able to find any. I am hoping I might be able to find some through rockauto.com:shrug:

There hasn't been a group buy for those yet. I have been looking for slotted FSVT front rotors, but haven't been able to find any. I am hoping I might be able to find some through rockauto.com:shrug:

Check Ebay. There's an ebay store called rotorpros. I got a set of FSVT fronts, and CSVT fronts, cross drilled centrics with painted hubs for $230 shipped. they are great quality, but the zinc plating did bubble up a bit when we installed the front rotors. I haven't found out about the rears yet.

Last edited:
LOL, I am hoping to find just slotted. I'm hoping to stay away from cross-drilled. If I can't find any slotted by the time I'm ready to finish the upgrade, then I will just buy some FSVT and CSVT fronts from Bill J.

LOL, I am hoping to find just slotted. I'm hoping to stay away from cross-drilled. If I can't find any slotted by the time I'm ready to finish the upgrade, then I will just buy some FSVT and CSVT fronts from Bill J.

try Brakewarehouse.com

Thanks all for the recommendations on where to buy rotors!

Frosty: When replacing my stock rotors, I bought PowerSlot rotors. I like them alot! They offer slotted rotors for the FSVT, as well.

Are those of you doing the rear brake conversion junkyard scavenging? i was thinking of buying a new pair of calipers from BAT.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back