• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

brake brackets: FSVT/SVT conversion kit

brake brackets: FSVT/SVT conversion kit

• Yes! I want both front and rear conversion kits to 300/280mm

Votes: 33 51.6%
  • Yes, but I'm only interested in the front FSVT 300mm kit

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Yes, but I'm only interested in the rear SVT 280mm kit

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • Interested but I can't do the work myself

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Interested but I won't buy because it looks too difficult

Votes: 6 9.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

warmonger

Hard-core CEG'er
Who here is interested in potentially ordering the FSVT conversion kit that allows 300mm FocusSVT rotors for the front and use your stock SVT rotors for the rear? Basically for all those people who didn't get in on the group buy before.

Might be getting a Baer front kit, so a rear kit would compliment them nicely if the $$ is available when/ if these become available again.

What was the pricing like on these?

And you can use stock cougar 16's with them too right?

Front kit $160
Rear kit $150
Front+Rear $295

Those are the prices that were on the last GB. I'd assume the prices will be somewhat similiar to the last GB, but Warmonger will have to let you know for sure. And 16" rims will fit over these brakes.

now when using the bigger rotors are the brake calipers positioned to cover more area? or does it just sit higher on the bigger rotors? and how much stopping difference will this make?

now when using the bigger rotors are the brake calipers positioned to cover more area? or does it just sit higher on the bigger rotors? and how much stopping difference will this make?
Obviously the caliper can't cover any more area than it already does. It is positioned further out and the stopping difference is huge vs. cost.

My seat of the pants perception is that braking was improved about 20% with the entire front and rear kit. About 15% or a little more from just the fronts.

The improvement is from improved leverage, not from increased swept area.

This is an exceptional improvement, not just in braking power, but also in looks. The small stock rear rotors always looked wimpy.

And they do work with stock 16" wheels. I still have my E0 16" wheels. A more open wheel, like the E1, would show off the larger brakes better though.

Cool guys! :cool: Just add to the vote if you have an interest or an opinion and if the numbers look good we'll go on.

I had lots of people asking me why I did such a short group buy before and all said if I do it again they would buy.

I'm thinking about introducing it as a group buy now and then if the group buy is successful I'd introduce it as a regular Nautilus Performance product.

So basically, consider this a new interest check and if I get a batch of 10 buyers for both front and rears I'll do it again. If so, then that will justify the costs of a sort of "retooling" fee. I want to go with a different place this time that would help me improve the quality of the raw product so that I don't have to spend hours cleaning up 150 brackets! :shocked: lol

The prices would remain right around what they were for the last group buy.

Who here is interested in potentially ordering the FSVT conversion kit that allows 300mm FocusSVT rotors for the front and use your stock SVT rotors for the rear? Basically for all those people who didn't get in on the group buy before.

This kit enables you to move the front SVT rotors to be able to be used as rears correct? And then replace the fronts w/ bigger FSVT rotors. So if you have an SVT all you need is the front kit? Am i correct with this statement?

Also this is just the hardware correct....rotors not included as an option?

This kit enables you to move the front SVT rotors to be able to be used as rears correct? And then replace the fronts w/ bigger FSVT rotors. So if you have an SVT all you need is the front kit? Am i correct with this statement?

Also this is just the hardware correct....rotors not included as an option?

No, the front hardware kit allows you to use the FSVT rotors on the front. The rear hardware kit allows you to use the CSVT rotors on the rear. Both require a bit of fabrication. If you have an SVT then you can use your front rotors unless they are worn out. If you have a NON SVT or any of the smaller brake kits then you will need to pick up cougar or SVT caliper brackets.
All the calipers work from all years, you only need the brackets for Cougar/SVT brakes.

I would be interested but I just picked up a set unused from the first group buy ...

first impression, the brakets are f'in thick, definately over engineered as warmonger intended, all high quality hardware, the kit is defenatly great for the price, I can't wait to install it in the spring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back