• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

brake brackets: FSVT/SVT conversion kit

brake brackets: FSVT/SVT conversion kit

• Yes! I want both front and rear conversion kits to 300/280mm

Votes: 33 51.6%
  • Yes, but I'm only interested in the front FSVT 300mm kit

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Yes, but I'm only interested in the rear SVT 280mm kit

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • Interested but I can't do the work myself

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Interested but I won't buy because it looks too difficult

Votes: 6 9.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jedi voice. "You don't want to ship to SVT SNOB. You want to ship to todras"............ :D

HAHA well thanks to the lovely shipping rates of shipping to Canada the brackets were sent to Pudmunkies house instead. I'm sure you will have yours installed before mine lol.

Aaron

HAHA well thanks to the lovely shipping rates of shipping to Canada the brackets were sent to Pudmunkies house instead. I'm sure you will have yours installed before mine lol.

Aaron

Yep because I will be installing yours when I'm there.:laugh:

ive upgraded my front discs and calipers, i used mk3 calipers and focus st170 discs. they are a larger caliper and disc. im interested in the rears if the brackets could accomodate a 300mm disc?

guys Tom is out of town and he told me to tell you that he will be back Sunday online once he reaches a motel. The brake kit worked well and especially with the focus rears no modifying the brackets just a quick grind on the rear and done. It took me 20mins to put it on one side in the rear. He will give you full details when he get back in thanks Guys

Incorrect... the Focus ROTOR (300mm) is fitted on there. NO MODIFICATION to the hub is required (as in previous version)

Because of the caliper sadle and the bracket supplied with the kit. How would the bracket work with both w/o modification?:shrug:

I know that a different bracket would be needed, one that moves the caliper out 22mm further. My response was based on the perception that there wasn't room for the larger rotor in the rear and my response was that using the same wheel it likely would fit the rear if an appropriate bracket was made. That's assuming that the rear caliper would still clear and it probably would.

I still think it would not be a good idea because of brake bias concerns.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back