• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Both Rides (SVT & WRX)

Suba Blu

Hard-core CEG'er
Sold the Cougar and the Old Trapps/Mikey SVT and picked myself up a WRX at the end of September..

I drove the SVT this entire week to work and back but unfortunately it still gets alot of curb time now.

Debating on selling it or parting/selling - someone attempt to talk me out of it as the 45.00 a month savings for insurance is looking pretty tempting now as the WRX raised the rates quite a bit. :(

This girl is pretty damned hooked on AWD Turbo goodness now...

My first Import! I sorta feel a little dirty even saying that out loud. LOL

2.jpg

6.jpg

1.jpg

and me just playing in the dirt because I can...

3.jpg

How many people on here have since moved to a Subie? it has to be quite a few if you combine the previous Cougar owners as well.

I heart my Subie so much its not even funny.

don't part out that damned svt please!!!! sell it, ok. but for all that is holy, please don't part it out.

Nice scoobie, BTW

don't part out that damned svt please!!!! sell it, ok. but for all that is holy, please don't part it out.

Nice scoobie, BTW

she means parting out the goodies and returning it to stock to sell it.

crispy, you hardly drive the svt now, right? then you should sell it and buy some more mods for the subie.............morettes, I know you want them!

I do want them.... Morette discontinued them about 2 years ago is what I heard last. :(

if I part anything out it will only be the one-off items and the hood... but for the right price the car goes completely as is... :) and the way it is now I basically have to force myself to drive the SVT a few times a week... I drove it for a full week because it had a full tank of gas only. LOL

how many miles on the svt and how much you looking to get for it?

for $45 a month...just keep it. wtf are you nuts?

Fav 2 cars right now .. but SVT n STi .. lol

STi's are ugly as crap. The only good looking WRX's are the early bug eye's just like Crispy's! That is a very sexy WRX. Now the STi swapped bug eyes are the hottness!

Very nice rides though.

And I am also curious to know how many miles are on your SVT. Knowing how you take care of cars, I am sure it is in mint condition!

Nice pics too!

Reebs

How many people on here have since moved to a Subie? it has to be quite a few if you combine the previous Cougar owners as well.
Not yet, but the Maxima's replacement will 99% likely be a Subaru.

The car looks good! I love that color. Provides a good contrast against the SVT's silver.

thanks guys... I actually looked for months because I wanted the bugeye style so badly.. they were always my favorite and I used to drool hard when i saw pics with morettes.. hopefully I can find a set used somewhere

the SVT has a little over 80k on the body.. last owner spun a rod bearing at 62k and we rebuilt the entire engine - if you subtract the 2 thats how many miles are on the engine now from me driving it. :)

I only own a car and half (yes, you read that right) garage so I basically want to ditch the car because of that and the insurance. Also you got to remember that when I owned the Cougar that thing was always in there collecting dust so its nice to actually use the garage now. I normally park the SVT at the curb but with Winter coming I need to deal with it soon I guess.. :(

The only real issues the SVT has is that it needs a good alignment, new strut mounts and I cant figure out for the life of me why the rear defogger doesnt work right. Otherwise interior is mint - everything works - rear fiberglass enclosure - Killer Kenwood HU, Indiglo gauges, pillar pod and quite a few CF goodies.

Crispy,
I'll do you a huge favor. Send me the car, I'll put her up in my nice, cozy 2 car garage for the winter. I'll even go so far as to do the alignment and drive the car very often.

Now doesn't that sound like such a good deal. :drool:

Love the bugeye! One of my many projects in the back of my head is a mid 90s impreza wagon with some sort of wrx/sti swap :drool:

Back