• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

00 SVT will get mazda power...

SVT UIM, its going to be a port matched engine this time.... The next one will be a full MPV engine.

Any indication of what oil pan is used on it?

This looks like a great new option for 3L swaps. When I bought my engine I had started to look into other 3.0 applications but the extra cost outweighed the pros of the other options. In my case it was $400 out the door for an 04 Taurus engine vs. $1000 + for anything else.

I wonder what cams they use in it... I'd be willing to guess that they're similar to the escape cams. Any thoughts?

I havent gotten under the engine to check the part number for the oil pan but I would guess escape. As for cams.... Im not sure... Once I pop the valve covers Ill take more pics but I need to port the heads first.

This engine will be a port matched and the full mpv will be going in the green svt I bought.

Plus the black car is sale pending already :)

As for a portmatched swap the only thing that stands in the way is the cranckcase vent box going inbetween the heads. I had to do some really funky stuff to fit it in there.

But for a full 3L its the easiest thing you will ever have to do.

Also as stated before it comes with the 01+ cougar alt bracket and alt. If you wish not to use that then you can remove the bracket, cut the tabs that normally need to be cut in that location and install the Contour bracket with no issues.

What he said.

Basically I was going to go full mpv but someone has made a down payment for the car and I wanted to give them something they could drive right out of the box without having to worry about tunes and what not. Not sure the level of knowledge they have on the tour either so this was a safe route for me.

The oil pan is an escape oil pan with baffles.

Basically this engine does cost a little more to obtain but you are getting alot of goodies with it that justify the cost.

I know you decided to use the SVT uim for a portmatch.... my question was why'd you give up on the full 3.0 with the new UIM we havent seen in a contour before, since you sort of made a big deal about it in the first place and it's the only really unique part. but since this isnt a personal car, I can see why you'd not want to make it a test bed for crazy ideas...

It is my car. but someone wants to buy it.... I dont want him to have any issues with the car so thats why I went with the port match...

I bought a 99 tgreen svt that will get the full mpv 3L DIRECT DROP IN ENGINE!!!

if someone wants to buy this UIM off of me they can... it will bolt up to any FULL 3L.

personally, I dont think it will clear the hood, thats why I was so disappointed when you didnt try it... think you could maybe just test fit it and let us know if the hood will shut? thats only like eight 8mm bolts right?

BTW, this is why:

The optional 3.0 L (AJ) V6 was thoroughly updated, resulting in a 40 hp (30 kW) increase, bringing power output to 240 hp (180 kW) and 233 lb·ft (316 N·m) of torque. It also sees a 1 mpg-US (240 L/100 km; 1.2 mpg-imp) improvement.

I know you decided to use the SVT uim for a portmatch.... my question was why'd you give up on the full 3.0 with the new UIM we havent seen in a contour before, since you sort of made a big deal about it in the first place and it's the only really unique part. but since this isnt a personal car, I can see why you'd not want to make it a test bed for crazy ideas...

maybe because the next one will get a full MPV engine :shrug:

SVT UIM, its going to be a port matched engine this time.... The next one will be a full MPV engine.

personally, I dont think it will clear the hood, thats why I was so disappointed when you didnt try it... think you could maybe just test fit it and let us know if the hood will shut? thats only like eight 8mm bolts right?

I can put it on my 98 full 3L SVT and see what happens but if it fits it stays lol.

...BTW, this is why:
The optional 3.0 L (AJ) V6 was thoroughly updated, resulting in a 40 hp (30 kW) increase, bringing power output to 240 hp (180 kW) and 233 lb·ft (316 N·m) of torque. It also sees a 1 mpg-US (240 L/100 km; 1.2 mpg-imp) improvement

Just did a bit of searching. That is incorrect. The quote up there refers to the 2007 & later models of the mazda tribute & ford escape, NOT the mpv van. The Variable Cam Timing is what gives it the power bump. We cant use that technology with our cars. Not easily anyway...

Just did a bit of searching. That is incorrect. The quote up there refers to the 2007 & later models of the mazda tribute & ford escape, NOT the mpv van. The Variable Cam Timing is what gives it the power bump. We cant use that technology with our cars. Not easily anyway...

ahh, I forgot about VVT... for some reason I was thinking the MPV was a JDM designation for the tribute, probably because he'd mentioned tributes earlier...

Grab your bibs its time to drool.

Id like bugzuki to shime in here and see if revision needs to be made to the injector portion of the plates.
wowport.jpg

wow5.jpg

wow2.jpg

wow3.jpg

wow4.jpg

The gasket is what is too large for the injector holes. The plates match the SVT LIM perfectly so you are good. Besides the less we machine out in that area the better. The metal gets pretty thin in that area after porting.

BTW the engine looks purdy and sorry I never text you back last week. I haven't been out to the shop since you text me so I haven't had a chance to look at any 3L cams for you.

I see ok then we are playing it safe... I hate that the material is so thin in that area After some porting I have to go back and feel with my fingers to give me a depth idea.

I dont need the cam part numbers anymore I figured out that the MPV uses regular 3L cams so nothing special in that aspect.

Thanks for the engine comment. Its the hottest one Ive built thus far.

Would you happen to have an 01+ cougar alt for sale?

Back