• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

00 SVT will get mazda power...

Found a pic of the intake and the PCV on this one still goes between the heads not the rear cover. I think this one is an older one though. The 04 and up is mentioned as having a cooled throttle body. Coolant runs through it like on a lot of the newer cars. It also helps heat the engine up faster in the winter.

download.php

For a lot more pictures go here: http://forum.mpvclub.com/viewtopic.php?t=17565

Great link Chris!!! I spy an escape fuel rail!!

Found a pic of the intake and the PCV on this one still goes between the heads not the rear cover. I think this one is an older one though. The 04 and up is mentioned as having a cooled throttle body. Coolant runs through it like on a lot of the newer cars. It also helps heat the engine up faster in the winter.

download.php

For a lot more pictures go here: http://forum.mpvclub.com/viewtopic.php?t=17565

(~01-03) look like they have the PCV between the head with plastic valve covers.

33924090006_large.jpg

This has new PCV.

Last edited:
The 04 and up is mentioned as having a cooled throttle body. Coolant runs through it like on a lot of the newer cars. It also helps heat the engine up faster in the winter.

The TB that came with my 06 Escape engine had the coolant lines running to it.

I ask because the Escape looks identical to the MPV and the throttle cable pulls from the opposite side on these TBs. I was trying to use an Escape TB but the cable issues make me want to swap in a Taurus one. I was just curious if you had some kind of an idea to deal with making this TB work. I don't want to turn this into a TB thread, but just a thought.

LOL...riiiiggghttt..

It doesn't....

^ It won't happen, so there is nothing to figure out :rolleyes:.

has anyone tried though? i ask because ive been around the SHO for years.

some tid bits

the Yamaha v6 will for in an 02 taurus its been done.
the Yamaha v8 fits in the 02 taurus , its been done
the 4.6 32v Lincoln v8 fits in an 02 Taurus.. its been done

the mtx 75 all but bolts onto the back of the 3.4 v8 SHO motor
the mtx4 (sho mtx) would almost certianly fit in the contour chassis.

with this said i wouldnt think it a far leap to believe that it would lake little custom work to fit Yamaha power under the hood. or in the chassis rather Coming from the SHO world where much of the aftermarket is custom work (such as grafting the Gen 3 taurus subframe into the gen 1/2 chassis) this didnt seem so so unreasonable.

so as you sit back and roll your eyes at a Contour "noob" remember that not everyone who is new here is new to the automotive community.

im sorry for the thread hijack sir.

Curt.

I spy Ford Mondeo 3.0L fuel rail not escape and the Mondeo 3.0L LIM...

st220limfuelrail.jpg

good eye!!! more the reason to start using these engines!

some tid bits

with this said i wouldnt think it a far leap to believe that it would lake little custom work to fit Yamaha power under the hood. or in the chassis rather Coming from the SHO world where much of the aftermarket is custom work (such as grafting the Gen 3 taurus subframe into the gen 1/2 chassis) this didnt seem so so unreasonable.

so as you sit back and roll your eyes at a Contour "noob" remember that not everyone who is new here is new to the automotive community.

Curt.

no problem I aint mad atcha!

not trying to hijack the thread,but how much work would it take to get the mpv intake to fit on my 04 3l....

some tid bits

Curt.

The question should be "Why Bother?". We already have more power than we can use with a turbo 3.0 which was fairly basic in terms of modifications. Why put even more work into it and get far less power?

You will spend as much money as we did putting a turbo 3.0 into our cars, and my turbo 3.0 will run away and hide from your creation when you are done...

Back