• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

00 SVT will get mazda power...

Here Sam: (disregard the gun mags, the round black piece, and the white frame)

1-26-2011001.jpg

So its a Ford motor from a mazda Vehicle? hows that mazda power?

i was hoping to see KL or FS power here..

on a side note.. if my 2.5 lets go ill be swapping Yamaha power into mine.provided it fits......(figure that one out)

So lemmy get this right: A mazda MPV van has a 200hp 3.0L with a 2.5 timing cover, 2.5 pass side motor mount, & DMD already installed from factory? Any diff between the mpv cam & chains and the svt's? And could u pls photos of the engine u just purchased? i'd like to see it.

believe me I will take plenty of pics once it gets here. These motors are a little more than a taurus engine.. I paid 575 shipped for this one.

Metal 3L UIM, Oil cooler, center engine mount, dmd, 2001 cougar timing cover are some of the features this motor brings... I am very curious to see where the PCV is located on this thing.

believe me I will take plenty of pics once it gets here. These motors are a little more than a taurus engine.. I paid 575 shipped for this one.

Metal 3L UIM, Oil cooler, center engine mount, dmd, 2001 cougar timing cover are some of the features this motor brings... I am very curious to see where the PCV is located on this thing.

really? hmmph... i'm gonna have to look into this. thx for the info.

It's on the rear valve cover. Like tauruseseses

Cams will be the same as Escape i fink

Also go oval port on this one you poop

So lemmy get this right: A mazda MPV van has a 200hp 3.0L with a 2.5 timing cover, 2.5 pass side motor mount, & DMD already installed from factory? Any diff between the mpv cam & chains and the svt's? And could u pls photos of the engine u just purchased? i'd like to see it.

Why are you so surprised it sounds exactly like an Escape motor?

Pics or it didn't happen! I don't think the 07 Escape motor I used had a DMD either. I thought the DMD was an overseas part number (harder for local dealers to get their hands on). I'd assume only the overseas models had them but maybe the MPV was a special case.

Found a pic of the intake and the PCV on this one still goes between the heads not the rear cover. I think this one is an older one though. The 04 and up is mentioned as having a cooled throttle body. Coolant runs through it like on a lot of the newer cars. It also helps heat the engine up faster in the winter.

download.php

For a lot more pictures go here: http://forum.mpvclub.com/viewtopic.php?t=17565

Back