• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I hate my SVT

I can see it now...

"Nine-one-one, what is your emergency?"
"Uhhh, yea... there are two naked guys in some sort of silver car racing up and down in the subdivision"
"They're naked?"
"Uhh, yea, naked."
"How do you know they are naked?"
"They pulled over to look under the hood. I think something is wrong with their car."
"OK, we'll send an officer to check it out."
"Better send a tow truck too."

-Tim-

I can see it now...

"Uhhh, yea... there are two naked guys in some sort of silver car racing up and down in the subdivision"
"They're naked?"
"Uhh, yea, naked."
"They pulled over to look under the hood. I think something is wrong with their car."

-Tim-

You know--I laughed until I cried on this post.

I can see it now...

"They're naked?"
"Uhh, yea, naked."

-Tim-

Ok, this was the funniest thing I've read today. :laugh:

There really hasn't been dry roads and temps above 50 degrees here in North Georgia for quite some time, and certainly not since the Eagle F1 tires have been put on. Up until today, the only thing that I could say with any certainty about these tires is that they are tretcherous in the cold, easily breaking into a slide if pushed hard when the temps go below 20°.

So I used the nice weather as an opportunity to try to get a good feel for the capability of these tires and I have to say... today I fell in love with my car all over again.

Coming home from a customer meeting in the bright sunshine with my jacket in the trunk, I knew that I had feelings again. I really didn't expect it. Pride wouldn't let me admit that I had been wrong at first; I was just getting a feel for the new tires after all and they could have been on any car for all I cared. First I pushed the car a little hard... then a little harder... then...

There is a particular third-gear 90 degree right hander that I am intimately familiar with. I'm trying not to break any forum rules here so lets just say that I had intense concentration as braked, downshifted and hit the turn in point. As I felt the car lean in then stabalize toward the apex... As I felt the (luscious!) seat reach up to support my left shoulder and my left leg... As I felt the F1's bite into the road with grip that I hadn't felt since I owned a GTA, I knew it had all been a mistake. I said "Wow!" out loud after I passed the apex. It reminded me how special this car really is and of all the reasons why I bought it in the first place. I remember accelerating through fourth gear and thinking that I really ought to take better care of it.

We sat quietly in the driveway together for a long time after we got home. I put some leather conditioner on driver's seat and shook the sand out of the floor mats and it made those cute little hissing and ticking noises. We are going to have a long talk tonight. We still have some problems to work out, like its air conditioning and the sunroof gear and my selfishness with parts and not spending enought quality toolbox time with it but I really feel like we have made a breakthrough.

I appreciate all the offers from everyone to take it off my hands and all the support you guys have given to us. It means a lot to me to think that I have a car that others want and I plan on treating it nice enough to keep it that way.

Well, I'm off to order some Autovation pedals. Again, thanks for listening.

-Tim-

Ladies and gentlemen, you have been following the saga of a tortured man and his schitzophrenic car. From doubt and disappointment these two work through the ups and downs of a tawdry relationship that blossoms into a love affair when the road gets dry.
Tune in next week as Tim finds fifty cents in the crease of the car's (luscious) seat and then blows it on cheap gas.
You won't be able to tear yourself away when he breaks into a sweat at hearing a back door close, turning as he strides away and making that little "ooh" sound like he'd just heard something nasty.
Marvel at the moosing sound the car makes later, which puts Tim off almost everything despite his aroused state (wtfwt?) until he grows to love and be comforted by the noise, like a lover's snore.
Then, as the sun sets, they ride off into an uncertain future, Tim telling the car, in low tones, that he promises to do something about the Moose, the little rattles and that annoying light on the dash that looks like an engine. "Soon, my pet, soon. What's that smell?"
c

At first, this thread was quite humorous. Now it's starting to get weird.

car-sex-man-8_672775n.jpg

Tim telling the car, in low tones, that he promises to do something about the Moose, the little rattles and that annoying light on the dash that looks like an engine.

What is a Moose? If its bad, I'm sure that my car does it. And how did you know that my CEL is on?

Actually its been off since I pulled the battery cable again a few weeks ago. I have been thinking of getting one of those battery disconnect switches so that I can take the 10mm wrench out of the glove box.

I saw the Shelby GT in the parking lot at church today. Catholic. I think she lied.

-Tim-

A bunch of cowboys are sitting around the camp fire. One young cowboy is from Alaska while one of the older ranch hands is from Texas.

The old Texan is going on and on about how things are bigger in Texas and how things are better in Texas and how the women are prettier. This annoys the young Alakan who interrupts and says, "Excuse me sir, but Alaska is a pretty big place too you know. Why we have enough gold in Alaska to build a solid gold fence around the entire state of Texas."

The old coboy looks at the young man, nods and says, "Well son, you go ahead and build that solid gold fence and if we like down in Texas, we'll buy it from ya."

-Tim-

Whats with the hate for us T red tan owners. Its ok, was can still be friends, I have a silver one too.:)

Oh and is that a Ministry reference in your sig?
Ding Ding Dang my Dang along ling long Digga Digga Sonova guuuuun.....

Does anybody not have a love/hate relationship?

I mean my engine blew up and left me stranded less than a month into ownership a couple of years ago. I had no money/skill/time to get a new engine for almost 2 years until a couple of months ago when the stars lined up and I got a new engine, garage to use, tools, time, and money.

I hated my car for blowing up on me so quickly but now that it's working (well i'm working on it literally almost every other day for one thing or another, and I've got a check engine light on that I can't get rid of because the PCM won't communicate with the reader - gotta be a wiring issue somewhere), I love it. I mean I have good tires up front and crappy ones in the back so I spun out once and made my rear control arm look like it was made of jello when it met the curb so I can't push it too far. For that matter I almost spun out today but I caught the oversteer in time not to smash into the curb again.

The car really is nice through the corners. I've spent every single penny of spare money I had on the car since buying the motor and putting it in. New tires, struts, springs, headunit, etc etc. I know it's not that fast but the question I ask myself is "for the money, what else could I get that's nearly as cool and fun to drive?" Of course there are a few but I refuse to get into a civic or something like that.

On that note, I seriously am thinking about selling the SVT and picking up an old air cooled 911. I mean I spend every other day working on my car anyway so might as well as get something that's even better that requires this amount of work...

Back