• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I hate my SVT

BoneStock99

CEG'er
I hate my SVT.

I hate that the passenger side skirt is scratched and that there is a 3/8 inch gap between the body and the skirt at the rear wheel.

I also hate that it did not come with the original SVT floor mats. This really burns me up.

I hate that it is so low. Housewives in Escapes and Oddeseys will pull up on my right when I'm trying to make a left turn and I can't see schit. I've started to move to the right a little so they can't get past and block my view. They think I'm blocking them to be a jerk or that I'm just stupid and they yell and honk and give me dirty looks at my daughter's basketball games. The ones with the little fish emblem on the back of their trucks usually give me the finger. I really hate this.

I hate it when kids in Mustang GT's get about four inches from my rear bumper at speed and say things at the red light like "I thought SVT's were fast, ha ha ha." Replying, "Yea, but the thought of cashing out my Roth and buying a Z06 when I'm 59 1/2 makes up for it" doesn't change the fact that my car can't keep up with anything that has a V8.

I hate that it is silver/blue. I really wish mine was red/tan. But I hate red/tan CSVT's more than silver/blue ones becuase mine is not red/tan. I hate the owners of red/tan CSVT's most of all. Owners of red/tan CSVT's suck.

I really hate that it has a Yamaha Porsche Cosworth engine. A client of mine said, "Oh, that car would have been a piece of schit if it weren't for the fact that Ford had Yamaha build the engines for them." At least they could have put a "Powered by Yamaha" emblem underneath the SVT badge. GRRRRR!

While we are at it, I hate that ford makes stupid trucks (which are supposed to carry two by fours and pallets of bricks anyway) with superchargers and my SVT doesn't even come with a decent cold air intake. I have a good mind to cash in the roth early and buy a 3L with a Vortech (or just hike the appilacian trail and drive a Z06 back from Maine).

And parts... who has parts? Which friggin' brake pads fit a 99 built 12/98 anyway and who at Ford is responsible for making the sunroof gears out of Playdough? I had to sell my 25th Anniversary Edition Oldsmobile Toronado Trofeo becuase I couldn't get parts for it anymore... Obsolete... No Longer Available.... I guess my SVT is next.

But the thing I hate the most... the thing that really pisses me off... Is that the 66 year old lady five doors down from me has an SE Sport V6, pristine condition, that she bought new in 99, had the dealer maintain and has only driven it 66,000 miles in close to ten years.

I think I might give up and buy a Camry. Thanks for listening.

-Tim-

I hate it when kids in Mustang GT's get about four inches from my rear bumper at speed and say things at the red light like "I thought SVT's were fast, ha ha ha." Replying, "Yea, but the thought of cashing out my Roth and buying a Z06 when I'm 59 1/2 makes up for it" doesn't change the fact that my car can't keep up with anything that has a V8.

You're doing it wrong. Ask some of your local SVTOA guys about it. I get several people at meets who say things like "yeah on the straights I've got you beat, but in the corners I couldn't shake you in that car." If you want V8 straight-line power, buy a V8.

BoneStock99 said:
I really hate that it has a Yamaha Porsche Cosworth engine. A client of mine said, "Oh, that car would have been a piece of schit if it weren't for the fact that Ford had Yamaha build the engines for them." At least they could have put a "Powered by Yamaha" emblem underneath the SVT badge. GRRRRR!

Yamaha had nothing to do with our engines. That's the SHO. :rolleyes:

The 2.5 L and 3.0 L V6 Duratecs are evolutions of the same design, first used in the 1994 Ford Mondeo (1995 Ford Contour in US). It is a modern aluminum DOHC V6 with a 60° bank angle. The primary engineering input came from Porsche, who were developing a similar V6 before selling the engineering to Ford, and Cosworth, who helped with cylinder head manufacturing. They were also used in the Ford Cougar.

Last edited:
Sell it to me then, and I will rid you of all your worries. BUT, I won't give you much for it.....

Hey, how about we all get together at the Golden Corral next Saturday night and I'll buy you all dinner.

Then we can cruise up and down the strip looking for Honda's to race.

Whaddaya say?

-Tim-

lol at this thread,this is one of the best posts i've ever read on a car forum..and by far that i've read on THIS forum:laugh:

I hate my SVT.

I hate that it is silver/blue. I really wish mine was red/tan. But I hate red/tan CSVT's more than silver/blue ones becuase mine is not red/tan. I hate the owners of red/tan CSVT's most of all. Owners of red/tan CSVT's suck.

And parts... who has parts? Which friggin' brake pads fit a 99 built 12/98 anyway

-Tim-

i too hated mine was silver/blue so i sold it..maybe you should do the same:shrug::laugh:

The thing you may forget was the SVT Contour debuted over 10 years ago now. Back in the day it was considered quick for a 4 door sedan. It would have been nice to put a 3.0L in from the factory, but then it would have been faster than the Mustang GT of its time. If they would have kept making the SVTC, it definitely would have gotten a 3.0L transplant much like the Mondeo ST220 did.

I personally don't think it's too low. I honestly think its too high. Much too wheel gap. But for a bone stock daily driver, I think its perfect. I never have to worry about bottoming out over speed bumps or destroying my front bumper when passing over an unexpected roadkill on the highway.

Sucks about the side skirt gap. You can thank the previous owner for jacking the car up incorrectly.

My SVT floormats are locked up in my closet in a garbage bag where they are staying minty fresh and perfect. :) Perfect OEM mats are hard to come by these days.

I agree with T-Red. It's my favorite color. I miss my 96 SE. :(

Yup...more and more parts are becoming obsolete. There isnt a mustang following like there is for the Contour, so parts are being discontinued...especially after its been out of production for 9 years now.

What's kind of funny is the 2 years I've owned my SVT, I haven't had a single person even try to race me.

Whats with the hate for us T red tan owners. Its ok, was can still be friends, I have a silver one too.:)

Oh and is that a Ministry reference in your sig?

Oh and is that a Ministry reference in your sig?

After standing in my garage this morning staring at my filthy SVT and an empty bottle of Meguiar's car polish, I realized that there was only one thing I could do...

that was ding-a-ding dang my dang-a-long ling-long.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1799j_ministry-jesus-built-my-hotrod_music

When you are done watching that, order this...

https://secure2.convio.net/pmi/site...W_PRODUCT=true&product_id=11621&store_id=1101

-Tim-

I hate my SVT.

I hate that the passenger side skirt is scratched and that there is a 3/8 inch gap between the body and the skirt at the rear wheel.

I also hate that it did not come with the original SVT floor mats. This really burns me up.

I hate that it is so low. Housewives in Escapes and Oddeseys will pull up on my right when I'm trying to make a left turn and I can't see schit. I've started to move to the right a little so they can't get past and block my view. They think I'm blocking them to be a jerk or that I'm just stupid and they yell and honk and give me dirty looks at my daughter's basketball games. The ones with the little fish emblem on the back of their trucks usually give me the finger. I really hate this.

While we are at it, I hate that ford makes stupid trucks (which are supposed to carry two by fours and pallets of bricks anyway) with superchargers and my SVT doesn't even come with a decent cold air intake. I have a good mind to cash in the roth early and buy a 3L with a Vortech (or just hike the appilacian trail and drive a Z06 back from Maine).

And parts... who has parts? Which friggin' brake pads fit a 99 built 12/98 anyway and who at Ford is responsible for making the sunroof gears out of Playdough? I had to sell my 25th Anniversary Edition Oldsmobile Toronado Trofeo becuase I couldn't get parts for it anymore... Obsolete... No Longer Available.... I guess my SVT is next.

But the thing I hate the most... the thing that really pisses me off... Is that the 66 year old lady five doors down from me has an SE Sport V6, pristine condition, that she bought new in 99, had the dealer maintain and has only driven it 66,000 miles in close to ten years.

I think I might give up and buy a Camry. Thanks for listening.

-Tim-

I hope this is a joke, otherwise you sound like a whiney 16 year old who has no business on this website.

WOOT Ministry I knew it! I love their live album (incase you didn't feel like showing up).

I was just looking for that vid on youtube, looks like they took it down. Daily motion has the exact same video rip by purple micro dot.

-Tim-

i'm not sure exactly why this part itches u the most:shrug:

Back