• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Negligent Driving..... 550 BUCKS!!

SamSVT18

CEG'er
So last night, about 12:30am i was driving down a road and a 240sx with exhaust and many mods is in front of me and i decide to pass him on the right lane of the road... it was a 4 lane road. then later down the road he passes me on a double yellow! i only went over 10 miles an hour also. so the cop comes up from behind and pulls us both over... he hands me a ticket and says negligent driving! WTF does that mean! i passed legally and only went 10 over... so any ideas on what i should do? Challenge or what?:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Still the ticket was bullShiz!.... but i just talked to a family friend, whos a cop and hes going to help me out with it so i think i can get it off my record!:crazy: :crazy: so ill let you guys know how the court thing goes..

You passed on the right.

you went 10 over.

two things.. both illegal, and enforceable if they want to on either front.

You passed on the right.

you went 10 over.

two things.. both illegal, and enforceable if they want to on either front.

Wrong. In this state it is not illegal to pass on the right. Additionally, 10 over the speed limit is hardly grounds for a negligent driving ticket. Remember, laws vary from state to state.

So, Sam...what's the REST of the story?

differing state laws aside, I think the fact that he "knew" it had an exhaust and "many mods" (who knows that much just driving behind someone at MIDNIGHT?) says a lot more for the "rest" of the story.. :D :D :D

Ok so i got a laywer... and i told him the story and also a family friend cop.... they both said that i didnt do anything illegal. except that passing on the right was not illegal but they could see it as maybe something...but as long as i admit to that i will get off.... but in reality i did want to race him... but when he didnt go when i passed him i gave up so... but thats the real story... so i will go to court... and report back

Back