• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Northern MN meet?

We aren't meeting at the fairfield. There are a couple parking lots in canal park, and Tony (redline) knows which one....sort of. :laugh:

If I get the right exit I should be able to figure it out :laugh:

Any way i can meet someone at their place and then drive with them? B/c i have no clue to where this fairfild thing is. redlineracer12, your in inver grove and i'm in brooklyn park. not too bad...maybe we could meet somewhere along the way and i can follow you or something? :shrug:
Last year KyleQ and I met up at a gas station on 35E, I'm sure we can do something similar this year. No point in driving the wrong direction to meet at someones house.

And an FYI I only drive about the speed limit, so if you are the type of person who wants to get places quickly (*cough KyleQ *cough) You might get sick of caravaning with me :laugh:

If I get the right exit I should be able to figure it out :laugh:

Last year KyleQ and I met up at a gas station on 35E, I'm sure we can do something similar this year. No point in driving the wrong direction to meet at someones house.

And an FYI I only drive about the speed limit, so if you are the type of person who wants to get places quickly (*cough KyleQ *cough) You might get sick of caravaning with me :laugh:

There are two exits basically to canal park from the direction you are going. One will take you to the omnimax and aquarium the other will take you to basically where we will be. Either one will work.

Yeah, I am not a speed demon either when it comes to caravaning. I figure my slow butt will get there soon enough. :laugh:

This isn't a ricer civic convention, and i dont like to drive like one either. Plus im paying my own insurance now, so i'm on my best behavior:eek:

i work to 1 that day guys, so i'll be there, hopefully in the fiero.

the place to meet is pretty easy. hopefully we have nice weather and the cars are clean, otherwise we can hit up the self serve car wash again. ive got a few photo op places picked out, and some more depending how far we want to drive. there are even some cool places to take shots without cars that i know of (if that interest anyone). i guess it all depends on how much time we spend BSing and talking to parking lot attendants. :)

and by now, im sure everyone recognizes my fiero to look for :)

what's tony's screen name on CEG?

runaway.gif

I find myself considering that 83 Crown Vic again. I kinda just think it would be much more fun rollin in this summer than the Red Lady.

Buy it now, man, before gas goes up to $15 a gallon! :laugh:

If I were you, I would seek out one in that bodystyle with SEFI -- 1986 or 1987. Should be good for a little extra fuel economy. But hey, they're all great.

Sometimes you just gotta make a change. You might find that it's exactly the right choice once you do it. But be as sure as you can before you leap.

I'm happy to have the bull session about great Fords of the Eighties. I'll catch you in the "yup" thread if you like.

Okay the plan for us Twin cities folks is to meet in Forest Lake around 11:00AM. That will give us about two hours to get to Duluth.

I think these directions will take us right there :http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=...8445,-92.09664&spn=0.004974,0.009398&t=h&z=17

EDIT: No longer meeting in Forest Lake, we will probably be meeting in Eagan or someplace in the south metro since there are only two cars coming from the TC that I know of.

PM me if you are thinking of caravaning but haven't posted.

Tony... you have my cell number don't you? Give me a call when you guys get into town. I think we should be finished golfing by then. If you don't have it PM me and I'll give it to you.

Back