• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

A little stereo install today

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH MAN! you better come to spring zing! I have wanted to see this car first hand for years!

Hey Harry,

They did a nice job of either reproducing the leather on the seats or they got some skins and intergrated them to the Recaros as the base of the seat is Recaro. Thanks for the comments :) Here's a pic:

standard.jpg

Interesting Discovery

Interesting Discovery

So, I was looking through the car today and I opened the trunk to see if there was any kind of a spare. There wasn't...but there was evidence of what Saleen had put in there and I will be putting it back:

standard.jpg

It is actually fitted and attached to the trunk and the normal piece of fabric is still there (I took it out for the pic) and covers the area where the sub goes.

Hey Harry,

They did a nice job of either reproducing the leather on the seats or they got some skins and intergrated them to the Recaros as the base of the seat is Recaro. Thanks for the comments :) Here's a pic:

standard.jpg

Thats not a seat heater is it?

So, I was looking through the car today and I opened the trunk to see if there was any kind of a spare. There wasn't...but there was evidence of what Saleen had put in there and I will be putting it back:

standard.jpg

It is actually fitted and attached to the trunk and the normal piece of fabric is still there (I took it out for the pic) and covers the area where the sub goes.

I thought you weren't supposed to put a regular car battery in the trunk that wasn't gel-based (Optimas) without some sort of container...? :confused:

Maybe because you're not. I'm sure Saleen could care less since it was a show car. Guess the trunk area was meant to not be seen. You at least need a battery box with tubing vented to the trunk floor.

Hey Harry,

standard.jpg

I meant no disrespect my friend. The lower part just looks very similar to me.

Either way the seats look good:cool:

Maybe because you're not. I'm sure Saleen could care less since it was a show car. Guess the trunk area was meant to not be seen. You at least need a battery box with tubing vented to the trunk floor.

Thanks for the info. I didn't know if I was wrong or not.

does anyone on here look at the mondeo pics? in all the ST mondeos are Recaro interiors. they look identical to the SVT interiors but have "Recaro" where we have three lines.

I wouldn't put a 3L in it... You'd be messing with the originality of the one and only Saleen Contour. :shrug: But thats just me. I'd fix up the cosmetic damage and not touch anything else on it.

Congrats on the car. By the way, why did you sell the Bondourant Contour?

I wouldn't put a 3L in it... You'd be messing with the originality of the one and only Saleen Contour. :shrug: But thats just me. I'd fix up the cosmetic damage and not touch anything else on it.

Congrats on the car. By the way, why did you sell the Bondourant Contour?

If I was him, I would get a vortec and throw it in there to make it "original". And hope it doesn't blow up. :laugh:

Its always been a problem with SZ. No one wants to work on the cars in the dead of winter but we rarely have enough time from when it warms up to get anything done. I was hoping to have a couple of big things done, but I'd rather hold off on em then go w/out the car again.

Well that and the fact that a lot of people have school which is a major concern. I know most high schools are still in session for the younger guys but also many colleges and universities don't end until the second/third week of may. This will be the second year in a row that SZ falls right during my finals week.:mad: :mad: :mad: I try to work things out with my teachers but between winter, than school, it kinda sucks to try to pretty up the tour so that I can make it out to SZ. I've awlways felt it would work better as a early summer or late fall deal. But thats just me.

BTW to stay on topic. I'm diggin the Saleen a lot. The exterior curves are so sexy. I think it does need that vortec back in it though. Put some muscle behind all that bodywork. Interior is so pimp, minus all carbon fiber trimwork, and the Brian Earl Spilners two stack wing on the back. I know todras and crew will have this thing up and in tip top shap in no time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back