• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Need an Opinion...

Need an Opinion...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZeroHour

Mod/Salad Tosser
So I came across a set of these for $100 bucks:
EDIT: After some dicussion I feel I can paint these gray to semi-match the interior. So they will not be installed as black and blue ricey colors!
T253802.jpg

They would need brackest made for them to set in the normal seat position of a Contour. Could get it done with a some square stock and a set of drill bits. :laugh: Also my driver seat is shot. The fabric is nice, but the foam is way soft not to mention the bracket beneath is broken :nonono: Its the rivited bracket that braces the seat from sideways motion. So I sway with the turns. :laugh:

I also picked up a pair of Cougar brackets and can convert my SE to SVT size rotors with a set of Bendix Titanmetallic II pads. The cost would be ~135 bucks.

But if I buy the chairs and some square stock, plus a new bit :)blackeye: ) the price will just about the same. I would love to do both mods right away, but only have the time and money to do one at the moment.

So what do you think would be better? Seats or brakes???

Last edited:
The brakes are still relatively new, rotors & pads ~5000-6000 miles ago. Although the bendix rotors tunred to crap (horribly wavy surface) the car still stops pretty darn good, and still stops better then when I bought it 3 years ago today!

Hood stays :laugh: for now. A sideline project is finding a way to make fiberglass molds to make fiberglass parts. Then I'll be making a newer, better hood scoop!!! Cause I could fully create what I wanted with sheet metal.

After talking the the Luca, I'm venturing a guess I can paint the vinyl on the seats. She told me about how it worked and held up on an old Jetta She had. So the seats would be painted a shade of gray to at minimal, semi-match the interior! No more ricy black and blue! :laugh:

Edit: I'm surprised that no one voted crazy wanker yet! :crazy: Thanks for the seriously responses!

Last edited:
LOL! Someone voted the last option! :laugh:

Looks like everyone saying for the brakes.

If I do, I think I need to find a nice open parking lot and do some distance testings! Would give a nice comparsion of the non svt to the svt brakes!

*Bump*

Looking like popular vote says brakes! :laugh:

Thats an easier mod anyway...

I'll probalbly still pick up the seats in a little while, if they are still avaliable

Its easy to say "just want for an interior SVT interior" Do you know how painstaking that would be? not the waiting the actually swapping? I know its been done, but that would just a complete PITA! And thats right up to the point where you break some clips...:blackeye:

EDIT:
Just to recap for all of those what will not read an entire post (haha I do it myself)

Story is:
-E1 SVT brakes because I have found a set of Cougar brackets. Brakes will cost 130-140

-Found the racing seats pictured for $100 for the pair. My driver seat is shot (bad foam broke lateral bracket) Seats will be repainted grey with vinyl paint. Will have to make brackets to mount seats to proper height. So cost will be about the same as brakes.

Last edited:
So by popular demand I went and ordered brakes this morning.

The song and tune totaled $151. Instore prices were slightly higher, and forgot about the tax! Damn online shopping and tax freeness!

Rotors where in stock, pads will be in tomorrow.

BUT! Will be doing a CEG first to my knowledge. I am going to pull a Horsepower TV and do a brake comparision test! :cool:

Rotors:
HPIM3071.jpg

After talking the the Luca, I'm venturing a guess I can paint the vinyl on the seats. She told me about how it worked and held up on an old Jetta She had.

Oh no, I didn't paint anything in my Jetta. It was an old BF that did the painting in his VW.

Back