• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

So who on here was caught street racing?

lockd.gif
wavey.gif

Last edited:
why would this get locked? it's just a news piece...

anyway, I never got busted. I was hanging out with a bunch of kids who were racing...and the cops did come down on the movie theater lot we met at, and gave everyone in the lot a ticket. Though...they were stupid infractions, they didn't actually bust anyone for racing.

LOL i got a ticket for drag race spectating before

Wow, that SVT is even front row! Guess he tried to run away.:nonono:

Um no. Tried to leave is more like it....

Repost! :laugh:
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/s...umber=774496&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

But I wouldn't expect anyone to have known that.

Short story: Had the wrong license plate, I was spectating. I don't street race. Went to court pointed out that the Red Bonneville with license plates HRE-465 is not the same car as my Silver Contour with license plates HRE-843.... They dropped all the charges the day before my final hearing and it never made it to my record. Still never got the towing fee back though...

Last edited:
Um no. Tried to leave is more like it....

Repost! :laugh:
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/s...umber=774496&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

But I wouldn't expect anyone to have known that.

Short story: Had the wrong license plate, I was spectating. I don't street race. Went to court pointed out that the Red Bonneville with license plates HRE-465 is not the same car as my Silver Contour with license plates HRE-843.... They dropped all the charges the day before my final hearing and it never made it to my record. Still never got the towing fee back though...

Wow dude :crazy:

Good Samaritan law.

oh so... a group of potentially dangerous people are racing and putting other people's lives in danger, and suddenly I can get a ticket for not walking in there, all by my lonesome, and trying to stop it? We call that insanity, some of those guys are drug addicts, they carry weapons, and will attack if you piss them off, im not going to die just because some junkie teenager wants to show off his Vtec, :censored::censored::censored::censored: off.

Sounds stupid and unconstitutional to put yourself in harms way to stop illegal activity, I think scott getting a ticket for watching is bogus, he could have been watching it happen to make sure that it DID happen so he could call the police and give some license plate numbers, you cant ticket someone on intent. "well it looks like you werent going to try and tell anybody/stop it, so Im going to fine you" yeah... like a fine is going to uphold peace and prosperity, like $200 compensates for potentially endangering someone else's life.

As much as I love this country, America does make me sick sometimes.

oh so... a group of potentially dangerous people are racing and putting other people's lives in danger, and suddenly I can get a ticket for not walking in there, all by my lonesome, and trying to stop it? We call that insanity, some of those guys are drug addicts, they carry weapons, and will attack if you piss them off, im not going to die just because some junkie teenager wants to show off his Vtec, :censored::censored::censored::censored: off.

do you think they give everyone within sight distance of a street race a ticket or something? :help:

if you're one of the morons standing along the side of the road during a street race, you get a ticket. fairly simple, IMO.

Back