• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Must see for antique car lovers

You need to get him to polish that blue paint. Maybe gets some new chrome and that would look nice. Does it have a 4 speed tranny or a c6?

its original color paint thats been on the car since 1969. its in the process of getting restored. interior is just about done. 4spd hurst and 390 gears

Who cares if the Magnum 500 wheel only came on later Stangs, those wheel don't look out of place on that car. Hell, the early 2000's Mach 1's have a version of them and I believe someone makes them for the new Stang, anyone, can you find the pics, my break is over....NOW:rolleyes:

Yeah the new mach 1s have a new vesion of the 500s but they aren't as good looking as the older ones. They should have made them look exactly like the older ones but bigger. I can't remember what they changed on them but when you put them side by side the new ones look odd.

I've seen plenty of 65,66,67 stangs with the 500s on them but they never look as good as a 17" rim. I know you can get 17" or maybe even 18" magnum 500's now away days but your going to empty your pockets to get them.

Those rims on the stang are 17" Boyd rims. They are a 2 peice billet rim. They are 8" wide with 4 1/2" back spacing. I paid $560 shipped to my house. Brand new by the way.

The tires are-rear=275/40/17 nitto extreme rrr front=245/45/17 falken ziex

Love seeing pics of old Mustangs. Here's a picture of my parent's driveway circa 1988:
driveway1.jpg

1967 Mustang GT 390 4-speed (black w/ black interior)
1966 Mustang 289 4V auto (signalflare red w/ black interior)
1987 Mustang GT 5-speed
1968 Mustang 390 auto (became my first car, candyapple red w/ black interior)

Love seeing pics of old Mustangs.
1967 Mustang GT 390 4-speed (black w/ black interior)
1968 Mustang 390 auto (became my first car, candyapple red w/ black interior)

I'd love to have either one of those. Where are they now. Fastbacks are so expensive to get. The cheaper they are the more cancer they have. After dealing with all the rust in my car, I wouldn't want to do another car that was that bad.

Sweet cars though. Mustangs are the true american car.

I'd love to have either one of those. Where are they now. Fastbacks are so expensive to get. The cheaper they are the more cancer they have. After dealing with all the rust in my car, I wouldn't want to do another car that was that bad.

Sweet cars though. Mustangs are the true american car.
The '67 GT was sold sometime around summer 1988 for $6000. This car had deluxe interior, both consoles, factory tach, AM/FM radio, and of course, the 390 backed by a four speed.

The '68 Fastback took me through high school and college. I sold it in November 1997 for $4000 (let me pause for a moment while I kick myself in the arse! :crazy: ). It had some rust in the right rear quarter, some in the deck lid, and a few spots in the trunk. The real interesting bit about this car was it's engine code. It was a rare X-code 390 2V (later changed to a 4V by a previous owner). Only 700 or so were made (Ford dumped a few of these Cougar-only motors into Mustangs during spring 1968). The only other options this car had was AM radio and the seldom seen two-tone hood (we installed the power steering and floor console). Here's another old picture of it:
ol1968mustang.jpg

Those cars are easily sold for at least twice that nowadays. I've seen just the body go for $5000 and it was all rusted up. Ever since "Gone in 60 seconds" came out, fastback mustangs have sky rocketed. Sorry about your loss. Congrats on the mustang experience.

Back