• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

So who on here was caught street racing?

oh so... a group of potentially dangerous people are racing and putting other people's lives in danger, and suddenly I can get a ticket for not walking in there, all by my lonesome, and trying to stop it? We call that insanity, some of those guys are drug addicts, they carry weapons, and will attack if you piss them off, im not going to die just because some junkie teenager wants to show off his Vtec, :censored::censored::censored::censored: off.

Sounds stupid and unconstitutional to put yourself in harms way to stop illegal activity, I think scott getting a ticket for watching is bogus, he could have been watching it happen to make sure that it DID happen so he could call the police and give some license plate numbers, you cant ticket someone on intent. "well it looks like you werent going to try and tell anybody/stop it, so Im going to fine you" yeah... like a fine is going to uphold peace and prosperity, like $200 compensates for potentially endangering someone else's life.

As much as I love this country, America does make me sick sometimes.

Are you talking to me? I was just making a humorous seinfeld reference. :shrug:

Which I didn't realize was actually in place until I googled it just now.

Last edited:
Are you talking to me? I was just making a humorous seinfeld reference. :shrug:

Which I didn't realize was actually in place until I googled it just now.

Don't worry, I caught the reference, and found it humorous. You can't expect everyone to get jokes, which is why I think BK4293 adds the "reason," so that people actually get the jokes.

Last edited:
do you think they give everyone within sight distance of a street race a ticket or something? :help:

if you're one of the morons standing along the side of the road during a street race, you get a ticket. fairly simple, IMO.

i was sitting on my motorcycle drag race spectating:eek:

hey now lets leave me out of your guys gay fantasies
funny-15.jpg

i was there that day. at that time i had my honda civic, but i was rolling in my friend's 68' charger (hemi powered). the cops here in MN have sort of a list..... anyone that has been caught, seen, or ticketed for doing anything street racing related is on it. my contour isnt yet, but my friend tony gets pulled over any time they see his car on university ave. it's been towed about 12 times. he put it away for about two years, now they leave him alone. My old honda used to get pulled over all the time because they thought i owned the charger. there was a young guy and a young lady cop that would pull me over and ask where my charger was.... i kept telling them it was my friends but they didnt believe me hahah.

i was there that day. at that time i had my honda civic, but i was rolling in my friend's 68' charger (hemi powered). the cops here in MN have sort of a list..... anyone that has been caught, seen, or ticketed for doing anything street racing related is on it. my contour isnt yet, but my friend tony gets pulled over any time they see his car on university ave. it's been towed about 12 times. he put it away for about two years, now they leave him alone. My old honda used to get pulled over all the time because they thought i owned the charger. there was a young guy and a young lady cop that would pull me over and ask where my charger was.... i kept telling them it was my friends but they didnt believe me hahah.

What the heck are the chances of both of you(Tricker + Redline) being there on the same night.. :ponder:

seems unfair...Since when did it become legal to stop a car multiple times at random just because he's on a list of ex-car racers :shrug:?

What the heck are the chances of both of you(Tricker + Redline) being there on the same night.. :ponder:

Not that far-fetched. There were over 400 cars there and probably closer to 800 people. I've ran into TRicker more than once down on University. It's the local hangout fri/sat nights during the summer.

At least it used to be.

yeah, its died down a little bit. but it's still pretty packed with people down there on the weekends. the cops are so thick now that you can't even pull into a fast food joint to get food without getting a ticket, if you have a modified car. once the scene dies down out here, the cops will back off. then, we'll all be around again ;)

and it's not far fetched at all. i see redline at least once a week somewhere, i "live" with my girlfriend about two blocks from his homestead.

I realize this is old footage, but still... didn't that seem a little reckless on the cops' part, knowing they had a road block down the street? It's like kicking a hornets' nest of multi-ton metal cars then trying to run between them.

Hey dpa43, how is Probetalk nowadays?

Last edited:
Back