• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Official 2008 CEG Calendar Picture Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many are slight variations from each other, but I couldnt decide which ones to cut out, so here are all of them:shrug: :​

P1000132Medium.jpg

P1000131Medium.jpg

P1000130Medium.jpg

P1000126Medium.jpg

P1000114Medium.jpg

P1000143Medium.jpg

P1000119Medium.jpg

P1000117Medium.jpg

P1000116Medium.jpg

AMARV12 I guess you didn't read this on the page before this one:

A few kind requests :)
Due to the length of time that this thread will be open for submissions, could we please try not to clutter the thread with thousands of pictures? I understand that in this time people may go on more than one photoshoot of their car. It would be kind to me and the judges if you would hold off on posting until you have most of your pictures and then narrow it down to your best ones and submit them at one time.
Also, if your picture is completely not qualified (cell phone pictures, pictures in violation of rule 3 above), don't submit them. This is not a "whore your ride" thread. If you want one of those, start one!

9 shots is more along the line of whoring IMHO, they are nice, but he could have made a post and asked others to help him narrow it down. 1-3 shots is more of a submission than 9?:rolleyes: just my 2 cents

AMARV12 I guess you didn't read this on the page before this one:

A few kind requests :)
Due to the length of time that this thread will be open for submissions, could we please try not to clutter the thread with thousands of pictures? I understand that in this time people may go on more than one photoshoot of their car. It would be kind to me and the judges if you would hold off on posting until you have most of your pictures and then narrow it down to your best ones and submit them at one time.
Also, if your picture is completely not qualified (cell phone pictures, pictures in violation of rule 3 above), don't submit them. This is not a "whore your ride" thread. If you want one of those, start one!

Im pretty sure that amarv12 ISN'T cluttering the thread. That request was to people who submit photos that are of poor quality or that were framed bad (in parking lots, at car shows, dirty cars, ect.). I see NON of armarv's photos that qualify for anything that is stated in that request. The idea of the calendar thread is to submit GOOD quality photos and then let the judges choose the BEST one at the end.

refer to this.....:rolleyes:

Please read the rules!
I'm not pointing this at anyone in particular, but by the looks of a few posts, they weren't read.

Especially this:

3. High Quality
Pictures in your driveway, in front of your house, lined up at a car show, people/other cars/houses/telephone poles in the background, etc. are not calendar quality.

And I would like to add that a dirty car/wheels isn't calendar quality either. Even if it would be considered, people on here are picky. One good pic last year was taken out because you could see the reflection of the cameraman. (sometimes this is unavoidable and small reflections won't matter) So visible dirt could affect your chances.

Amarv was most deff. not whoring. If the pictures are high quality, they should be included, more for the committee to pick from.

Amarv was most deff. not whoring. If the pictures are high quality, they should be included, more for the committee to pick from.
So what your saying their is no limit on the amount of submissions just as long as if they are nice quality. So a person can submit 50 shots if they are nice shots or even 100, 1k, 2k, when does it stop!

So what your saying their is no limit on the amount of submissions just as long as if they are nice quality. So a person can submit 50 shots if they are nice shots or even 100, 1k, 2k, when does it stop!

Obviously you're being a little over dramatic. I think you'd be hard pressed to find 50 good shots of your own car to submit. The mexican and I took WAY more than what I posted.

If I happen to take some more good ones, dont think I will be discouraged from posting them.

If we all want to make a big deal out of it then next year it will just get limited to you best 5 or 6, or something like that.

I should also note that even though some of these pics dont make it to the calendar they make it to my hard drive

i dont think people should be detered from posting pictures as long as they are up to par...if someone was ambitious enough to take 50+ good/great pics of their car, great! post em up...the more great pics to choose from, the better the end result will be

i dont think people should be detered from posting pictures as long as they are up to par...if someone was ambitious enough to take 50+ good/great pics of their car, great! post em up...the more great pics to choose from, the better the end result will be

I like the way you think.... must be the wheels :laugh:

Hah! I figured i'd catch some crap.

9 shots is more along the line of whoring IMHO, they are nice, but he could have made a post and asked others to help him narrow it down. 1-3 shots is more of a submission than 9?:rolleyes: just my 2 cents

I guess i wasn't clear before...i took exactly 86 pictures that day...so what you see there is narrowed down significantly. There were plenty of other good pics i could have tossed up but cut out for the sake of not "whoring" as you say.

Try not to get so butt-hurt next time, it's just the internet. :idea:

Hah! I figured i'd catch some crap.

I guess i wasn't clear before...i took exactly 86 pictures that day...so what you see there is narrowed down significantly. There were plenty of other good pics i could have tossed up but cut out for the sake of not "whoring" as you say.

Try not to get so butt-hurt next time, it's just the internet. :idea:

Never butt hurt, just trying to follow the rules as I interpreted them. But I'll keep posting all the shots I have since you all of have cleared it up for me thanks:cool:

Last edited:
Some nice submissions so far! I think the coming year's calendar is gonna be loaded. :cool:

Some nice submissions so far! I think the coming year's calendar is gonna be loaded. :cool:

yea, with like, 12 pics...:crazy:

I like some of these backgrounds, but I think the focus needs to be more on the car...more car / less background

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back