• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Official 2008 CEG Calendar Picture Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guitarman19853

Hard-core CEG'er
If you are interested in being in the 2008 CEG calendar, here are the requirements:

PLEASE READ!

1. Must be a current CEG member.
It doesn't make sense to have pics of cars of people that no longer are on CEG or own the car.

2. High Resolution Very Important!
We would like a resolution of 2300 X 1800 for the pictures. This is approximately equivalent to a 5 Megapixel camera.
I cannot stress this enough. A fantastic photo will not make it if the resolution requirements are not met. Scanned or enlarged pics will not work. The higher the resolution the better!!! The reason I say we would like 5 megapixel resolution is because that meets the printing requirements exactly. 4 megapixel images may be able to be stretched and examined to see if they are still of quality to print, but if you want a serious shot at making the calendar, get or borrow a 5+ megapixel camera! I'll say it again, The higher the resolution the better!

3. High Quality
Pictures in your driveway, in front of your house, lined up at a car show, people/other cars/houses/telephone poles in the background, etc. are not calendar quality.

Suggestions: Take a look at auto magazines and see what kinds of pictures are used for cover and featured rides. Action shots, neat angles, and multiple Contiques are big pluses.

4. "Work in progress" / damaged cars
Primered parts, meshless, one spare wheel, etc. are unacceptable. Contiques with dents, scratches, etc. most likely will be eliminated.
See # 6 below.

5. No repeat pictures
Pictures from 2004, 2005, 2006, and 2007 will not be used. Pictures from that same series will not be used.

6. Photoshop
No digitally modified pictures will be accepted for the calendar. (lowered, additional parts digitally added, etc.) However this year we are allowing HDR (High Dynamic Range) images. In addition to this, we also will allow minor touch up to cars. This includes digital removal of small dents/scratches that would otherwise eliminate a good picture. Adding color or digitally fixing unpainted/unfinished parts is not allowed.

7. Submission
Submit smaller (640 x 480 or 800 x 600) pictures in this thread. The judges will narrow it down to a group of about 14 pictures suitable for the calendar. At that time, the full resolution pictures will be requested from you. We choose 14 because sometimes people don't get the pictures to us in time or there may be an issue with sizing the picture for the calendar.

To avoid being one of the ones that misses the PM about the final 14, make sure you check your PM's regularly. In addition, if you don't visit the site very often, add an e-mail address to your CEG profile and we will contact you through e-mail too asking for the full resolution pictures.

8. "Did I make it in the calendar?"
Please do not PM me asking me this. I will not answer. Just like past years, the final 12 will not be revealed until the calendar is complete - even those who made the calendar will not know.

9. Must be a Contour, Mystique or Mondeo

=Other info=

Mods
Although visually very helpful, mods are not the only determination of inclusion/exclusion from the calendar. This is a calendar - it is visual. Cars can be any color, any year, mild to wild.

Who gets in
The process for selecting what pictures will be in the calendar will be at the discretion of a small panel of CEGers from throughout the country.

Content/layout/design
The calendar will be very basic due to price. The fancier it is, the more it will cost. Last years calendar was slightly under $20 shipped for a very basic calendar. We'll continue that for 2008.

Judges
Judges will be determined and contacted at a later date. Do not contact me asking if you can be a judge.

Calendar Quality Issues
Last year we had many issues with quality of the printed pictures from cafepress. I will be contacting cafepress to assure quality prints this year.

Deadline to submit pics
November 12, 2007
This gives you a little under 2 months to wash, wax pose, shoot and submit.

Following this date a CEGer will help design the cover and layout and design of the calendar.

Calendar release date
By having the deadline be November 12th, we should be able to get the calendar ready to be ordered by the end of November or very early December.

Please see these links to previous CEG calendars for examples of what calendar quality pictures should be. (Note: links to old forum)

A few kind requests :)
Due to the length of time that this thread will be open for submissions, could we please try not to clutter the thread with thousands of pictures? I understand that in this time people may go on more than one photoshoot of their car. It would be kind to me and the judges if you would hold off on posting until you have most of your pictures and then narrow it down to your best ones and submit them at one time.
Also, if your picture is completely not qualified (cell phone pictures, pictures in violation of rule 3 above), don't submit them. This is not a "whore your ride" thread. If you want one of those, start one!

Have fun and good luck!

Last edited:
DSCN1080.jpg

DSCN1083.jpg

steeda1-1.jpg

DSC01362.jpg

All pictures taken by the mexican (thanks!) and available in 3872 x 2592

DSC_0102.jpg

DSC_0093.jpg

DSC_0088.jpg

DSC_0116.jpg

DSC_0198.jpg

DSC_0193.jpg

DSC_0191.jpg

DSC_0188.jpg

DSC_0186.jpg

Official submissions were added today!(11-5-07) Consider the one below also.

One for now will get more with tri-pod.... adding later.
Right away Steeda has to disobey the second from last sentence. Get your pics outa here that are infront of your trialer!
newpics011.jpg

Last edited:
Please keep posts in this thread limited to actual calendar submissions. Posting other crap will just make it harder for Ryan and others to do their jobs.

Please read the rules!
I'm not pointing this at anyone in particular, but by the looks of a few posts, they weren't read.

Especially this:
A few kind requests :)
Due to the length of time that this thread will be open for submissions, could we please try not to clutter the thread with thousands of pictures? I understand that in this time people may go on more than one photoshoot of their car. It would be kind to me and the judges if you would hold off on posting until you have most of your pictures and then narrow it down to your best ones and submit them at one time.
Also, if your picture is completely not qualified (cell phone pictures, pictures in violation of rule 3 above), don't submit them. This is not a "whore your ride" thread. If you want one of those, start one!
3. High Quality
Pictures in your driveway, in front of your house, lined up at a car show, people/other cars/houses/telephone poles in the background, etc. are not calendar quality.

And I would like to add that a dirty car/wheels isn't calendar quality either. Even if it would be considered, people on here are picky. One good pic last year was taken out because you could see the reflection of the cameraman. (sometimes this is unavoidable and small reflections won't matter) So visible dirt could affect your chances.

I wasn't trying to clutter the thread with 14 photos. Since I'm at school, I don't have access to the car, so those photos are all I can and will submit.

I wasn't trying to clutter the thread with 14 photos. Since I'm at school, I don't have access to the car, so those photos are all I can and will submit.

without cluttering this thread...i dont think he was refering to your pics...i think he was directing it to peoples cars with filthy rims (brake dust) and people in their pics, dirty cars, and pics of cars at car shows

all you have to do is...as stated...read the rules/suggestions, pick up a car mag and see how a good photograph is taken

*CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN CAR (CLEAN GOSH DARNIT!) wetsand those fogged headlamps
*NO PEOPLE OR TRASH OR OTHER DISTRACTIONS
*APPEALING BACKGROUND

suggestions - make sure your antenna is down, your rims are clean, tires have tire shine...with the pics that have been posted over the summer you are gonna need to pay attention to EVERY detail to be in contention from what i have seen...so just put some effort in so we have a great calender:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back