• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

the start of a widebody kit let me kno what you think

depending on how wide you make this kit, youre going to have trouble finding wheels that wont look like skinnies under there. unless you just happen to know someone who makes custom wheels... :ponder: ;)

depending on how wide you make this kit, youre going to have trouble finding wheels that wont look like skinnies under there. unless you just happen to know someone who makes custom wheels... :ponder: ;)

I bet some 4 lug mustang Cobra R's would look pretty good.

I vote for a fender like the BMW or like the Saleen Concept.

Just for reference, I was thinking something along the lines of this (but no vents):

BMWFlossman.jpg

But that Saleen Wide body will do it in a pinch.

No,No be One with the vents................very racy ala ALMS

BMW IT IS THEN!!!!! means i gotta either get some more clay or start over with something else not a big deal though.

my goal is zero offset but i kno i wont get it. because the flare would have to be at least 5 inches wider and thats way to wide. So ill think up some ideas on what to use.

i like clay becuase i can mold it then sand it to a final shape.

how wide do you guys want me to go. im at 1-2 inches already. should i go more? or should i just stay the same.

id like for you guys to help me finalize the design that way i can get the front fender done quicker and start on the rear.

as for the vents? umm not on the first one.

2 inches means you MIGHT be able to fit a 10" wide rim under there. :laugh:

Wide for a FWD car :)

Check out this thread on SHOForum if your interested in custom fender flares and what-not. You can see the approach this guy took as well as the progression of his project if you want some inspiration...or look just for the hell of it. :D

http://www.shoforum.com/showthread.php?t=27177

HAHAHA this is the best quote I found on there... " Even though I dont like you personally, I like the metal work. Good job on that."

That SHO is awesome, perhaps a little too much orange, but still awesome.

update

update

well im scraping the clay idea. tooo much work and my dad has agreed to help me with the front fenders. his idea was to cut the small flat lip thats on our fender off. moving it out however far i want and welding in a filler piece to hold it in place. then shaping aluminum arch so we can achieve the Bmw style fenders.

hope to post pictures sometime this week

Dude, keep it going, but, what the heck are you using to make the mold, clay, fiberglass? And does it stick well?

Keith
98 SE

Any updated pictures on the progress? :shrug:

Keep 'em coming. G/L! the rear is going to be a ****** because of the rear doors :blackeye:

You won't hear a peep out of him for a week or so. The lucky **** went to the Bahamas (or some island resort of the like).

Another example of a decent wide body adventure. I think they did a great job in thinking it up. Too bad the car didn't look anything like that when the owner went for it...

What ever happened
to his SVT after he picked it up?

I know it's kinda off topic... but I'd like to know about this too. That car is SICK!!! It looks like a lot of time was put into it.

cant wait to see the finished product

however IMO some cars look phenomenal with widebody kits, like BMW's, Porches, Supras, Audis and even a few focus'. These cars just have the stock body to which a wide bodykit will look good on. I dont feel that such a kit or even a custom kit would look good on a Contour, but thats just me

Back