• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Cruise Controll Issue

Nezerconezer

Hard-core CEG'er
Have a problem with the CC on my Zetec atx. Some times it will just not engage. You have toi give it to much gas then set it, then it last for only a few seconds then lets go. Seems to turn off if you turn the wheel any. Any ideas?

you need to try the pin point tests to see what it wrong ... but quickly you could swap units from you SVT and see what it does ...

Make sure the CC cable is connected to the TB. Somehow my cable frayed and broke off one day.

Possibly the "clock spring" which connects the buttons to the cruise control. I'd start by checking vacuum lines/throttle cable. The "pinpoint test" referred to above is in the Ford service manual.

guys the cc is completely electronic .... you really need a ford service manual or cd to run pin point tests ...

if it is the clock spring check the horn, I believe that if the horn doesn't work that might be the issue ...

as I suggested and have noted before it tends to be the main unit that fails ... since you have a svt also I suggest swapping units and seeing if it works then ...

Back