• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

All over a spark plug????

getsum111

Yes I am a Pirate, 200 years too late.
So, on Luca's advice, I got yet ANOTHER set of plugs and put them in my car. You know, the one that hasn't run right since X-mas. The one with both pre-cats clogged. The one I've spent who knows how much time and $$$$ on. The one my wife is readdy to kill me over. ;) Yeah, that one. Started it up, and it ran great. Now this was with the exhaust unbolted in front of the main cat. Yesterday, I rebolted the exhaust, and it still ran fine. :laugh: Now, this was teh third set of plugs I've put in since Thanksgiving, so I don't know what exactly did it, but the plugs I pulled out are BLACK! I drove her to work this a.m., and she ran great.

I still need to get some MIL eliminators, and I'm still waiting on the MSDS since I gutted the precats. But it feels soooo good to run it to redline w/o any misfiring or hesitation. Thanks to all who helped, esp. Luca and Brapple, and Shavedsvt, who all loaned me parts to replace during my diagnosis. I really appreciate all the help I've gotten. You all rock!:cool:

I don't want to say anything just yet and jinx it at all but that is great news :laugh:

well funny things can happen but bottom line you got the problem fix and got headers out of the deal :help: :cool: :laugh:

glad I could help ... now about that beer at Carlisle, I like Sam Adams, Killians, Honey Brown ... etc :drool:

:laugh:

edit: you know what you need to do is make a new thread in troubleshooting with some title that makes it seem like you still have an issue but then basically ask what to do about a good running car and see what Tony says :laugh:

Last edited:
well congrats on this.! i hope it stays that way. i should be down next weekend to get those springs and give you back your pliers also scott. maybe then we can go out and take a lil cruze.

Brian, I would, but you're right, let's not jinx it. And Sam Adams it will be!:laugh:

Mike, that could work. They are still there in the garage, waiting for you.:laugh:

Driving it, I know this is the root cause, a bad plug fromm the factory. Way too drunk to post any more, but thanks for all the support. (P.S. I convinced Tammy that I still need the MSDS, with a little help from Sally. Isn't she great. :laugh: )

Why is the rum gone???????

Scott glad to hear the car is running well again. Sorry I missed the meet at your place this past weekend, but with the weather getting nice we'll have to get another meet together.

Once it gets warm and stays that way, we should head up to Mconnals Mills. That's where I did a bunch of my calender shots. Ryan would just be :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: . Nice place to hang out, about 1/2 hour north of me, just above Rt. 422.

Once it gets warm and stays that way, we should head up to Mconnals Mills. That's where I did a bunch of my calender shots. Ryan would just be :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: . Nice place to hang out, about 1/2 hour north of me, just above Rt. 422.

i can be there in 6 mins.. :) i got a pics from there as well real nice place to take good pics. just gotta watch pot holes and stupid kids.

Back