• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Started project free SVT today....

mmm, that would've been my second choice [although you can get that one with car terminals], sonza on neco has been running that battery seasonally for several years now without problem.

probably not applicable but keep in mind that they do not fair well in cold weather and lose charge very quickly.

[http://www.evpartsgo.com/prod-BT9520.htm they've been out for 4/5 years now, still havent seen anything come across that can match them]

mmm, that would've been my second choice [although you can get that one with car terminals], sonza on neco has been running that battery seasonally for several years now without problem.

probably not applicable but keep in mind that they do not fair well in cold weather and lose charge very quickly.

[http://www.evpartsgo.com/prod-BT9520.htm they've been out for 4/5 years now, still havent seen anything come across that can match them]

I'm fully aware as I've had one in my Black SVT for a year.

It's a PC680, and it started my SVT in 30 degree weather.

Josh is very smart and seems to be a good step or two ahead of everyone else. He loves ford contours.

Josh is very smart and seems to be a good step or two ahead of everyone else. He loves ford contours.

The only reason i'm a "step or two ahead" is because i've been thinking about a project like this for years. I've had a lot of time to plan the build out so now that it's happening there really isn't much that's undecided any more. There are a select few CEGers that i've been discussing the build with regularly, and their ideas seem right inline with the plans i've had. :cool:

And yes, I do indeed love Ford Contours.

:shrug: The SVR is 3 pounds lighter and will push an extra 300 amps. but then again what do I know with my background in building/competing electric vehicles.... lol, I'm just giving you a hard time. Josh has helped me out with a number of things which I greatly thank him for and try my best to make contributions.:crazy:

I would love to use that battery Terry, but this being a free car and all I also have to use what i have. Budget doesn't allow for much. :laugh:

my rich ballin friend has some crazy mini battery for his m3 but it kept dying out so he got the factory one reinstalled. i could find out what the specs are and its probably cheap or free :shrug:

I would love to use that battery Terry, but this being a free car and all I also have to use what i have. Budget doesn't allow for much. :laugh:

ya I know, I'm going to be stopping by my old lab soon, maybe I can nab you an extra one [I think we bought something like 50 of them, dobut they would notice].

are you doing anything about the radiator fans? I have the mumm bro's old radiator on my car and I can tell they ditched the stock fan shroud for one giant open element pusher fan. If not, there are some ummm modifications I can make to the fan motors.

oops, sorry, misleading, its just a stock svt rad... nothing special other than clues on how they race prepped it.

Back