• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Started project free SVT today....

Or Josh could just email Robert and get the info straight from the horses mouth?

ehh, I've tried writing him a few times over the years very politely with relatively simple questions... I've never gotten a response from either of them.

ehh, I've tried writing him a few times over the years very politely with relatively simple questions... I've never gotten a response from either of them.

Probably because you live in IL? I know alot of people that talk to him and still do on occasion. I've never had a problem getting ahold of him. he does have a family and a little racing hobby so I know he's always busy.

Josh Robert@mummbrothers.com that is from his website.

My e46 m3 is becoming a track car. The reason why I bought a light weight battery is because im trying to sqeeze a lot of weight out of my car.

Oh, I didn't mean you. I meant now that you/we know that the battery keeps failing why would Pole want it?

im going to pick up the battery today its some type of odyssey one. Im gueesing it would always die because its a bimmer and they use a lot of current to run all of their electronics heck we have a few beemers at the dealership with factory batteries and they always need to be jump started

Scraped all the sound deadening off the floor last night and mike finished gutting all the doors, it is official, there is NOTHING left to remove from the car. :D

FWIW, the sound deadening came in at 8 1/2 lbs.

~Josh

that stuff is under the carpet correct?

Kind of correct...

Under the carpet there is dry foam/fabric sound deadening. This weighs in at 20 lbs all together, then under that there is thin rubber deadening(like dynamat) in several places in the cabin and trunk that's glued down before the car is even painted(only primed), this stuff weighs in at 8 1/2 lbs and must be scraped/chiseled off. Add to all of that the firewall deadoning and you've got 29 1/2 lbs of sound deadening in your SVT.

Hopefully all the work I've been doing elsewhere to cut weight will negate the need for custom AL sub frames, my other project might need some custom SF work, but I've got that pretty well figured out already. ;)

are you cutting out the inner door skins or anything like that?

I'm undecided on that just yet. :shrug:

My intention up until recently has been to gut the rear doors completely, and have non-lowering lexan rear windows. And to leave the front doors intact and run manual window regulators with stock glass.

Right now I'm considering leaving the rear windows functional and retaining stock glass at all 4 corners with manual regulators.

I'm undecided on that just yet. :shrug:

My intention up until recently has been to gut the rear doors completely, and have non-lowering lexan rear windows. And to leave the front doors intact and run manual window regulators with stock glass.

Right now I'm considering leaving the rear windows functional and retaining stock glass at all 4 corners with manual regulators.

eff that, cut out door skins, put in manual crank windows, save lots of weight.

im guessing its out of the question because this is project free svt not spend an arm and a leg, but would a carbon fiber roof have a significant effect on the car :shrug: both lightness and a lower center of gravity?

Back