• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Started project free SVT today....

Pole120

Addicted CEG'er
Since i finished Kyles car yesterday and he picked it up that afternoon i took some time to clean and re-organize the shop. I've come to the conclusion that i have WAY too many parts for my own good. While at the shop today cleaning once again I came up with a fun little idea....

First a background story:

I've had Thinkmoto's old salvage title SVT for a couple months now, it's stripped of it's engine and as of now, most of it's interior. The car was purchased for $500, all of which has been recouped by the sale of some interior piece and other parts obtained in the transaction. With this car i got about 80% of an SVT motor completely disassembled in two boxes residing under one of my workbenches. The block and other parts will be going to the aluminum recycler for some cash.

Also around that time i found a rolled SVT at a local junkyard.....well i spent $700 there which has also since been recouped by selling an SVT rear bumper, true Borla catback and other misc parts i didn't need that i purchased solely to save them from the shredder and perhaps make my money back. So now, i have a complete SVT motor, and front bumper that were essentially free.

I've also got 3 years worth of a parts collection accumulated in my shop....more than i have room for.

Now the challenge:

To build this car from the ground up using parts in my stock pile and profits from parts sales from my stockpile....nothing else.

This car....wich was intended for product development when completed will go one of three ways:

Daily driver / shop truck
PRT's Track whore to take BLKOUT2's place
PRT's show car

Today i rolled the car forward and cleaned a year of dust off of it.....it was sitting outside for close to two years prior to my obtaining it. There are leaves and dirt everywhere so todays focus was on cleaning.....i removed several more parts from the engine bay and went at it with the shop-vac, some simple green and engine bay degreaser....pics to follow this week as work continues.

Last edited:
Sounds Like a challenge to Me

You've clearly never been to a PRT meet to see my stockpile :crazy:

It's truly ridiculous.....so anyone have a 2.5 oil pan they want to barter??? It's one of the parts i do not have.....

what else you need? I have a very small pile left over from the Coug plus a pile of spare parts.

need a SVT Brake booster or somethin?

what else you need? I have a very small pile left over from the Coug plus a pile of spare parts.

need a SVT Brake booster or somethin?

The brake booster does have some rust on it...not sure if i'm replacing it tho....if there's anything you want to donate to the cause it's always appreciated.....shoot me a PM with what you have and i'll see if there's anything i need.

~Josh

r u gonna use the svt tb I gave you? if not, you better give it back mister! "fer serious"

I paid you for that ish didn't I?!?!

And yes, it's being used....

no! I told you to shove that $10 where the sun don't shine - I gave it too you, I didn't want anything for it....... good, use it - JOE

I thought you told me Saturday nite that you were going to take a break for a while?!?! :laugh: That lasted long. Good luck with the project. Let me know if you need help with anything!

Started going through my boxes o parts tonight and found about 20 pieces i need for the engine and engine bay area.

The car's fate has also been decided it will be the new PRT track whore. Custom PRT suspension components yet to be released will be installed along with a fair amount of weight reduction, half cage and harness bar, 13"F/12"R brakes using a combination of Cobra and FSVT rotors with custom brackets. The front end will host a Mirko ready for abuse and no fogs....brake ducting will be designed and installed in their place.

Remember all of this will equal out to a $0 bottom line when completed...this will be a project of time and patience not money....

Once i'm done sorting through all my boxes i will be starting a classifieds add for sales and trades for needed parts....

so far big ticket items i've got sitting out are a new set of contour/cougar OEM springs, SVT heads(no cams), AC parts (compressor, condenser and lines), MNB interior panels, Sail panels...tons of em, 5...yes 5 sets of stock manifolds (3 good, 1 bad, 1 gutted), 3-bolt flex pipe in great shape, 3-bolt cat in great shape.

Would really like to get my hands on an oil pan ASAP to get this engine in and tested....The engine did suffer some damage to the valve cover above the cam gear, and i'll be testing it tomorrow with a dial gauge to make sure it's not bent....

~Josh

Last edited:
Josh, I can send you the oil pan. What else do you want? Make me a list and I'll get to work on it.

I haven't been for roll resistors yet. Office job everyday and no weekends lately.

Back