• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Started project free SVT today....

would a carbon fiber roof have a significant effect on the car :shrug: both lightness and a lower center of gravity?

If you're doing that, then why not build the whole car out of CF.....

i'll give you somethin to manually regulate ya dirty beyatch.

but lexan scratches really easily, might was to think of something less scratch vulnerable, or scratch resistant lexan would work i suppose haha

I'm probably going to stick with stock glass all around.

Getting there, the big piece still missing is the 3L, which I'm hoping to have early March so i can get it built and broken in for some testing before SZ. Most of the parts i need yet are the ones I'm building, I just haven't had any time to do my design work. :(

Also need a trans for BLKOUT2 so i can get the TH trans pulled out and into the race car.

Little undizzle.....

I'm now switching gears to get BLKOUT2 on the road ASAP as i've got a buyer for the Fester, which will be replaced with a zetec/MTX cougar.

I'm about to be a very busy beaver.

Including the track car and BLKOUT2 I've got 7 cars to build before SZ. :shocked: :help:

Not intentionally. I need an MTX/zetec, and all the tours i find are base models with no cruise/pw/pl.....screw that. Cougar is easier to find with all options with lower mileage...
cougar has VCT crap though. my pre98 GL has cruise/PL no PW but its never been an issue. how often do you really roll down the other windows anyways :shrug:

plus the pre98 zetec block is stronger than the 98+ with VCT

cougar has VCT crap though. my pre98 GL has cruise/PL no PW but its never been an issue. how often do you really roll down the other windows anyways :shrug:

plus the pre98 zetec block is stronger than the 98+ with VCT

1) there's only one pre-98 zetec I'm even interested in
2) it's a daily driver, not a 20PSI turbo car, i'm sure the block will be fine
3) i roll all the windows down all the time in summer
4) i'm picky, i know what i want, and you're not going to change that ;)

1) there's only one pre-98 zetec I'm even interested in
2) it's a daily driver, not a 20PSI turbo car, i'm sure the block will be fine
3) i roll all the windows down all the time in summer
4) i'm picky, i know what i want, and you're not going to change that ;)
ok if its for a daily driver then fine. i know you had hinted at possibly doing a turbo zetec at some point which is why i suggested the pre98.

Back