• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

So who's going to help me....

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is really shady that you didn't tell him that. If you had sold me an SVT with an se motor and not told me I would be giving you a swift kick in the balls. I hope you sold it to him cheap to make up for the fact that this car was missing a key component that makes it worth more money. If you sold it at KBB value or more you owe him a refund or deserve a good ass kicking

I would have to agree with you as far as the refund goes. According to KBB, the value is $4,330 in good condition w/113,000 miles. I paid $4700 and now finding out that it has an SE motor makes the car worth at least $500 less than KBB IMO. There are a couple around here for sale with similar miles on stock SVT motors in the $3800-4300 range. I just don't know what to do....

Motor has 24K on it car its self has 113K on it..You didnt get ripped off what so ever..You got that brand new motor new BAT suspension and BAT trans with LSD..New tires New brakes and rotors..CIA..Mint condish interior..SVT motor has 10.1 comp and the SE motor has 9.7..To each there own..You never asked me if it was a SVT motor or not, so i never said anything about it..So IMO it was your fault for not asking weather or not there was a SVT motor or SE motor in it..Everything is SVT but the cams..

Motor has 24K on it car its self has 113K on it..You didnt get ripped off what so ever..You got that brand new motor new BAT suspension and BAT trans with LSD..New tires New brakes and rotors..CIA..Mint condish interior..SVT motor has 10.1 comp and the SE motor has 9.7..To each there own..You never asked me if it was a SVT motor or not, so i never said anything about it..So IMO it was your fault for not asking weather or not there was a SVT motor or SE motor in it..Everything is SVT but the cams..
mint interior is far from what he got according to what I was told by him man ex.. (rip in carpet, nasty hole for gauge in coin holder, no SVT floormats) You told him the motor was replaced and when you did that you should have also mentioned that it was NOT replaced with an SVT motor. If you BUY an SVT you should GET an SVT. You shouldn't have to ask that crap man. You should kick yourself in the nuts for that one IMHO:blackeye:

mint interior is far from what he got according to what I was told by him man ex.. (rip in carpet, nasty hole for gauge in coin holder, no SVT floormats) You told him the motor was replaced and when you did that you should have also mentioned that it was NOT replaced with an SVT motor. If you BUY an SVT you should GET an SVT. You shouldn't have to ask that crap man. You should kick yourself in the nuts for that one IMHO:blackeye:

Ok half the SVT's out there no longer have SVT floor mats in there Hole in change holder for Oil pressure gauge that he wanted in there..Yes hole where the dead foot goes there was Diamond plate there and i took it off to run wires and couldnt get it back on there..And my car has ran with SVT's all day long and still will do i need to come up there and show him how to drive it

You keep changing your story!

At first you said that you thought you had told him it had an se motor, then you said it was his fault for not asking.

You then say that it at least had a mint interior. You changed your story and explained why it was messed up. Holes in plastic and carpeting are far from mint.

Sounds like your buyer needs to take you to small claims court.I would if you tried to pull this BS with me.

This is a bit ridiculous and needs to be resolved so that all parties are happy .

Just because he didnt ask doesnt mean you should not have told him. Imagine that really hot chick at the bar you managed to score not telling you she had the clap + herpes + syphillis...... because you didnt ask. Or since you said it runs fine, how about isntead of all those STD's she just failed to mention that briana is actually brian...

joe would be ok with the latter, LOL

*ok, so not the time for jokes, but I couldn't resist!

Ok half the SVT's out there no longer have SVT floor mats in there Hole in change holder for Oil pressure gauge that he wanted in there..Yes hole where the dead foot goes there was Diamond plate there and i took it off to run wires and couldnt get it back on there..And my car has ran with SVT's all day long and still will do i need to come up there and show him how to drive it

I can't believe that you would have the nerve to say something about my driving skills when you know nothing about them. Come on man, you got caught red handed and now your are punking out and showing your ass. I really wasn't really that mad to begin with, but now that you attack my driving skills and show your attitude, I am more pissed now than ever. I bought that car assuming an SVT car would have and SVT motor and shouldnt have had to ask the question about an SE motor being in an SVT car. That's just not how business is done between individuals that trust each other in a car sale. If I had wanted a shady deal, I would've bought another SVT from a shady used car dealership and totally not known any history on the car. So my point is that I trusted you and you left out the most important piece of information that you could have revealed to me. You told me many things about the car and I felt great that I was getting a standup well maintained SVT Contour. I ended up with an SVT body car with an SE motor in it that you should've told me about 1st thing when we started negotiating.

And another thing is that you have the nerve to act like you would buy the car back from me next year for less when I have already spent $196 on set of headlights after the ones you put in were all jacked up (and glued back together with caulk), a new grill which was $42, a new dash bezel and AC vent bezel (thanks Tony) for $37, new front brakes (since one rotor had 3 gouges in it $78 (but I let that pass), broken headlight/mirror bezel, cracked radio/AC controls bezel (that been repainted a few times), 6" rip in carpet (with a ton of stains and dog hair), no screws in the instrument cluster at all, no bolt in the motor mount (the one in front of the accessories), amongst other things that I have yet to find.

At this point we should do what Pudmunkie suggested and resolve this so that you and I both are at an agreement and satisfied with the outcome.

Last edited:
That is farkin' shady. You did a motor swap to a regular duratec and didn't tell? It would be OK if he got a deep discount, but thats bull crap and you know it.

We would have quite a pow wow if that were me.

not only are you wrong about the differences. your a f'n fraud. dude svt=svt motor. wwhat kinda dumbass would put a SE motor in a SVT??!?!?!:nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: your a cheap skate. id come down there and beat your ass if you sold me a svt with an SE motor and DIDNT TELL ME! thats wrong man.

install these MSDS headers? LOL. I am getting a tad antsy to put them in. I got them when I bought the car. They have never been installed, so they are perfect. I have been reading up on the sticky install and need to get MIL eliminators. Maybe we could make a mini meet out of it so we can help when other people install theirs? Just a thought. Of course I would supply beer....

ill help ya drive down to FL......................

So it has an SVT manifold. The cams are different. The SVT has forged pistons to handle the higher compression. There are so many more differences. Lets not even start with the fact that it appears the seller knew what he was doing. Thus, using this forum to condiuct fradulent business...

not only are you wrong about the differences. your a f'n fraud. dude svt=svt motor. wwhat kinda dumbass would put a SE motor in a SVT??!?!?!:nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: your a cheap skate. id come down there and beat your ass if you sold me a svt with an SE motor and DIDNT TELL ME! thats wrong man.

All though shady, lets keep this civil and allow the two involved parties to come to some sort of amiable solution before you or anyone else start the gun slingin'

I have talked to mat a few times on the phone and he seems like a really good guy. Joe I haven't ever talked to you other than on here and on myspace, but what I'm getting from your posts is that you are a punk ass kid that screwed someone over and now your making him look like a f'n fool in front of everyone. You'll prob be lucky if a convoy of SVT's/CEGers dont come down and kick your ass!

I have met Joe on a few occassions.
I'll tell you this,
The KerryKool's VSS went out at a meet, it Joe that was up under the car changing it out. Joe is a good guy, who will help anybody out with anything.
Whether or not Joe meant to do what he did, only he will know.
Yes, it seems shady, yes it seems fradulent.
However, there are only 2 people involved in this transaction.
How everyody else judges those involved will be dependant upon the resolution of this issue at hand.

He seems like a nice guy, and I would not beat him up or verbally attack him if I saw him again (at the next meet in two weeks). What he did was shady enough that if the seller came to the meet to kick his ass I wouldn't get in the way.

Judgement should defenitely not be cast on him until he domstrates whether or not he is going to make this right with the seller.

He seems like a nice guy, and I would not beat him up or verbally attack him if I saw him again (at the next meet in two weeks). What he did was shady enough that if the seller came to the meet to kick his ass I wouldn't get in the way.

Judgement should defenitely not be cast on him until he domstrates whether or not he is going to make this right with the seller.
From his above posts it appears he is just saying hey screw you. so I doubt he will try to make it right but if he does i'll be more than happy to apologise fully after it gets resolved. If it does

I am going to give Joe a chance to make an offer to settle this problem. I PMed him last night and asked him what he would like to do. I haven't heard anything yet, but will be patient (to a point). Joe if you see this, please respond back to the PM or give me a call.

I am going to give Joe a chance to make an offer to settle this problem. I PMed him last night and asked him what he would like to do. I haven't heard anything yet, but will be patient (to a point). Joe if you see this, please respond back to the PM or give me a call.
I'd give him till the meet and if nothing by then he would be getting to see the hood and bumper of it again really up close and personal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back