• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

So who's going to help me....

Status
Not open for further replies.

91HellCat

CEG'er
install these MSDS headers? LOL. I am getting a tad antsy to put them in. I got them when I bought the car. They have never been installed, so they are perfect. I have been reading up on the sticky install and need to get MIL eliminators. Maybe we could make a mini meet out of it so we can help when other people install theirs? Just a thought. Of course I would supply beer....

Use a lift if you can find one; drop the motor down a couple inches and it's cake. I'd volunteer my long, skinny hands, but damn I've done this before! :crazy: This install sucks!

91HellCat said:
Maybe we could make a mini meet out of it so we can help when other people install theirs?
AAHAHHAHAHAA!!!!!
I think one set in a weekend oughtta be enough mechanicin' for anyone.

Use a lift if you can find one; drop the motor down a couple inches and it's cake. I'd volunteer my long, skinny hands, but damn I've done this before! :crazy: This install sucks!

AAHAHHAHAHAA!!!!!
I think one set in a weekend oughtta be enough mechanicin' for anyone.

LOL, I should've phrased that as a minimeet/beer n' learn using my ride as the example of how to do future installations. I can see that it will take some extensive wrench time getting them in there.

SE motor? What's the deal with that?

Dude theres a SE motor in the thing..Go yank the valve covers and you'll see..I thought i told you that..Guess i didnt but yeah SE motor powering the SVT alot of people knew about it..Only good thing is that theres 24k on the motor..It just doesnt preform like a SVT

Dude theres a SE motor in the thing..Go yank the valve covers and you'll see..I thought i told you that..Guess i didnt but yeah SE motor powering the SVT alot of people knew about it..Only good thing is that theres 24k on the motor..It just doesnt preform like a SVT

No, you never told me that. I don't know what to say because I wouldn't have bought anything but the real thing.

No, you never told me that. I don't know what to say because I wouldn't have bought anything but the real thing.

Well you did..It still moves tho..Give me alittle less than a year and i'll buy it from ya if you want..But not for the price you payed..PM me if your interested..

Well you did..It still moves tho..Give me alittle less than a year and i'll buy it from ya if you want..But not for the price you payed..PM me if your interested..
Dude if you pulled that crap on me I would so track you down. That is BS you straight scammed him! WTF? On a lighter note everything is the same on the motors but the intakes right? If so it doesn't matter anyway. Should be the same performance wise

no, the cams are different

the upper and lower intake manifolds are different, but that car has svt UIM and LIM

That is really shady that you didn't tell him that. If you had sold me an SVT with an se motor and not told me I would be giving you a swift kick in the balls. I hope you sold it to him cheap to make up for the fact that this car was missing a key component that makes it worth more money. If you sold it at KBB value or more you owe him a refund or deserve a good ass kicking

Dude if you pulled that crap on me I would so track you down. That is BS you straight scammed him! WTF? On a lighter note everything is the same on the motors but the intakes right? If so it doesn't matter anyway. Should be the same performance wise

Well, there's nothing I really can do about it and don't know if it's worth raising hell about either. I know the cams in the SVT are different which I could change out, but another difference is the pistons according to some things I've read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back