• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ford Racing Performance Short Throw Shifter GB!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been argued so many times but the bottom line is the B&M is a short throw shifter (shaft is shorter but the fulcrum point is not changed over stock so throw is not effected) and the Steeda and Ford racing are a short throw shifter (longer below the fulcrum point which makes the actual shift movement shorter). With the Steeda and Ford Racing you get the added bonus of about a 1 inch shorter shaft over stock as well.

I guess the ultimate best shifter would be a cut down and re-threaded Steeda/Ford Racing shifter.

Just got off the phone with Steve. My shifter will be shipped out in about 45 minutes. Im assuming if you have already placed your order, yours will be shipped out as well.
-tropictour

I just called - They have two left. They will be available in the morning. From what I understand they bought up all 16. I will not be able to get mine at this time, so that one is still up for grabs.The riser plates are supposed to be ready friday. I will let you all know when I have them in hand.

The best price Steeda would tell me is $110.00 I am not sure what quantity they would want inorder to give us that price. If enough people jump on here soon enough that want a Steeda - maybe I can bump up the build number of the riser plates from 20 to 30 before they start the run.

The best price Steeda would tell me is $110.00 I am not sure what quantity they would want inorder to give us that price. If enough people jump on here soon enough that want a Steeda - maybe I can bump up the build number of the riser plates from 20 to 30 before they start the run.

Well you start the Steeda GB thread and lets see how many we get.

~Josh

Well you start the Steeda GB thread and lets see how many we get.

~Josh

Well I think we are still trying to get the best price. I have a number of emails out there with companies and I'm waiting to hear back from them. If the $110 is the best we can do... then I'll get another one going, but until I hear back from these guys I don't want to start one up. I'll give these guys to the end of the week and then we'll just move forward with the $110 Steeda group buy.

I just scored the last one :) Steve said stop calling hin because there is no more :laugh:

I called before Steve got in and left a message. You two got to him before he even found my message on his desk. Maybe I should have stayed on hold . . . for 1/2 hour.

Anyway, congratulations on those of you that made the buy. No hard feelings.

Let's see what you can do with the Steeda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back