• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

PRT Mirko Skidplate GB *interest check*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, Josh said he will get it done and it will get done. I asked him last August/Sept. to replace my clutch and do some other work. Unfortunately it didn't get started till April and so he has spent a large amount of time this year working on my car. Things like this take time to develop and produce so it's not going to happen with a simple snap of the fingers. Give him a little more time.

Kyle

Car was picked up last saturday.....last week was spent re-organizing the shop for better productivity and some other projects....work officially resumes tuesday :cool:

Sweet deal. Can't wait to see some pictures of this. I put my splitter back on my car last week... and well I chiped it already :nonono: Fortuantely I found the chip on my driveway and it fit back up very nicely. You can't even tell it was damaged ;). Still ticked me off though. So please pump this guy out soon!

The updizzle

The updizzle

While trying to develop about 12 new products for the CEG family all at once I did some more work on the skid plate...lets just say i've ditched the old template and you'll see why in the following pictures. The CAD layout you see has three different renditions on it of the skid plate and Mirko edge. That layout was created using measurements taken from the old template.....and it's not at all what i expected and part of why this was temporarily put on hold. I picked the closest of the three and now the work begins. I finally just pulled my Mirko for a couple weeks to build this right off of my own personal piece.

Here she is clamped down for edge transfer.

100_4056.jpg

And the results..the lighter lines (3) are my original patterns and the pencil line will be the new. The edges will require no modifications the front edge however basically is a waste as it's currently drawn. Once the dimensions of the layouts are modified for a proper fit with the edge of the Mirko the front portion will be extended slightly and will taper back to the corners offering a nice smooth looking piece that flows well with the splitter. Once i've completed the third version of the CAD model i'll be placing the order for the first production piece from the shop that does my plasma cutting for the last test fitting/revision before the moment you've all been waiting (too long) for....release.

100_4053.jpg

100_4054.jpg

100_4055.jpg

Cool. I hope these come out very soon. I've been putting off painting and putting on my Mirko b/c I don't want to tear it up. I'm in on the 1st batch.

Here is the last updated list from before. If you no longer want one then remove yourself.

1) TeamSVTour
2) BrApple - want pc
3) Matty K - Still in, with PC
4) LUCA - still in--PC
5) CSVT1214
6) Nezerconezer
7) vudusvt - PC
8) skrilla187....maybe 2 of them
9) OB1- PC
10) Johnny H. possibly PC
11) Buckshot77
12) Jose
13) CSVT#49

I think I'm still in. Repainting my stuff has been put on hold.. possibly till next Spring so I'm still open to the idea :cool:

the front portion will be extended slightly and will taper back to the corners offering a nice smooth looking piece that flows well with the splitter.

How far in front of the Mirko will it extend? If it's not power coated, will it be visible? (Shiny cause it's s/s) To me, that would be the only reason to p/c it, cause it's gonna get scratched on the bottom anyway.

How far in front of the Mirko will it extend? If it's not power coated, will it be visible? (Shiny cause it's s/s) To me, that would be the only reason to p/c it, cause it's gonna get scratched on the bottom anyway.

I'm looking at about 3/16" of protrusion at the front edge. The reason for the PC was to hide the plate(AL not SST)....but it could just as easily be spray painted....the powder coating may no longer be an option and it will have to be painted if you don't like the look of the bare AL.

Cool. I hope these come out very soon. I've been putting off painting and putting on my Mirko b/c I don't want to tear it up. I'm in on the 1st batch.

Here is the last updated list from before. If you no longer want one then remove yourself.

1) TeamSVTour
2) BrApple - want pc
3) Matty K - Still in, with PC
4) LUCA - still in--PC
5) CSVT1214
6) Nezerconezer
7) vudusvt - PC
8) skrilla187....maybe 2 of them
9) OB1- PC
11) Buckshot77
12) Jose
13) CSVT#49

My Mirko got shredded by some road work and is now in a million pieces, so I am out of this:mad: :cry:

Planning on re-sending the CAD model for re-quoting the first week in September. If all is well, I'll have a test-fit piece in my hands a week or so later, if the test piece works out, it's as easy as ordering the rest of them. :cool:

Thank you all for your patience, things have been all sorts of crazy at the shop lately.

~Josh

I really hope this works out because I've been finding chips of my splitter at the end of my driveway and at the entrance at my work. I've been supergluing them back in to place and polishing the imperfections out. So far its worked pretty damn good, but I'm growing tired of doing it. No matter how carefully I am at my approach I still hit.

I really hope this works out because I've been finding chips of my splitter at the end of my driveway and at the entrance at my work. I've been supergluing them back in to place and polishing the imperfections out. So far its worked pretty damn good, but I'm growing tired of doing it. No matter how carefully I am at my approach I still hit.
Word.

As long as these are done before next Spring when I get everything painted :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back