• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

PRT Mirko Skidplate GB *interest check*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pole120

Addicted CEG'er
Currently checking interest in a GB for PRT's latest product, a Mirko splitter skid plate.

Product specs:

CNC plasma cut to exact design specifications (I'm doing the CAD work on this, those that know my work know this will not disappoint in fit)
6061 aluminum construction
1/8" thickness
Will follow front edge of splitter very closely, so it won't be highly visible
Mounts with (4) 1/4-20 fasteners(not visible when installed on car)
Fastening Hardware included

Pricing+shipping:

Qty (1-9) splitter order: $148.40 ea. (Cost of material and initial programing is the cause of the high price for a low qty. order)
Qty (10-19) splitter order: $89.87 ea. 40% lower cost!!!!
Qty (20-30) splitter order: $85.25 ea.

I can also have these powder coated black prior to shipping for an additional $20.

If we can get a commit to buy from (10) people, I'll have one made and test-fit to my Mirko, and make any necessary changes before production of the final pieces.

Last edited:
Copied over from the other thread. If you have changed your mind then feel free to remove yourself.

Mirko Skid Plate:
1) TeamSVTour
2) BrApple
3) Frosty
4) Matty K
5) LUCA
6) CSVT1214
7) DyComet

Josh,

What will the edge finish be on the exposed 1/8" or for that matter on what is exposed of the face of the plate itself? Will it be brushed, raw off the laser, etc? I'm just wondering if there will need to be any finish work done if we want to send it off for powdercoating.

Thanks,
Rick

These will be raw, so they should probably be bead-blasted prior to coating. I can have them coated locally before shipping for those that are interested. Black would be very inexpensive for me to have done. I'm meeting with my coater anyway this weekend on some other products, so I'll bring this up as well and see what his price is.

~Josh

Last edited:
Sounds good as long as the laser leaves a clean edge on the actual cut edge (it should if set up right). Another couple questions, what is the actual exposure you're planning on past the mirko itself and will you be carrying that around to the side or flushing it up with the sides and only exposing it on the front? Second question, what is the coverage under the car going to be? I.E. will this piece be shaped like the mirko or like the undertray splash shield? I'd actually like to see the undertray style to add some solidity to the entire front bumper myself.

Rick

Great quesitons Rick.

1) The plate will extend beyond the splitter 1/8" to 3/16" to provide protection for the front lip and sides while still remaining inconspicuous. This can be set by the end user at the time of installation

-If the masses don't want it to extend out the sides as well the design will be changed to reflect that. Remember these are still only in CAD...i can change them to suite CEG's wants.

2) The back half of the tray will shaped similar to the splitter. It will actually be a bit shallower to keep weight down to a minimum while still providing protection in vital areas.

If you're interested in an under tray i may be able to work with you on something one-off. I have intentions to do this for my car eventually.

Sounds good Josh. I've spent a ton of time in that area on my car so I'm pretty conscious of what questions to ask about the design that might be of interest to the guys in the group buy, but they might not think of asking. I'm probably pretty interested in this buy if we hit the 10+ number.

Rick

I'll be making a hard-copy template soon to base the final CAD file off of, when it's done I'll post up some pictures.

I think if the piece was tapered at the corners in a way so that there is no piece extended out on the side of the Mirko that would look best. Also b/c the Mirko is designed to be flush on the side I think this would make sense and keep the clean look. I think it would be odd having a piece stick out the side and has a better chance at getting caught on something.

Additional information: I can have these powder coated black prior to shipping for an additional $20.

I'll add this info the the first post.

Mirko Skid Plate:
1) TeamSVTour
2) BrApple
3) Matty K
4) LUCA
5) CSVT1214

~Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back