• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

PRT Mirko Skidplate GB *interest check*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not symmetrical? Coulda fooled me :laugh:

We appreciate the hard work. I just hope to have this thing at least before summer. I'll be getting everything repainted in a month or so :cool:

I will sit and wait patiently for a well thought out and designed product

keep up the good work :cool:

Agreed. :)

You can just bring mine to SZ and install it for me. :laugh: ;)

well I don't know about you but I have a feeling April will be rather rainy so my car will not really be out until May :cry:

being that my SVT is my DD.....it will always be out ;)

Also its been really nice lately and getting warmer so I want to get this Mirko, and skid plate (amongst other things) on as soon as I can to enjoy it an much as possible this spring/summer.

I'm holding off on putting my Mirko back on until I get this skid plate. I just got the thing painted in the fall after that parking lot incident (stupid woman :nonono:) so I don't want to run the risk of beating it up again.

Scratching the bottom and damaging the front and side lips of the splitter. In addition, if you hit something on the road especially at highway speed (say a soda bottle or something) in stead of chipping the splitter and possibly cracking the fiberglass, the plate will take the brunt of any impact and should keep the splitter mostly unharmed.

I can see protection against scratches on the bottom of the splitter, but if I hit something tall enough to cause damage, just how well is the plate (on the bottom only) gonna protect the whole splitter? It will strengthen the entire splitter but is it really going to protect it that much? I can see it's usefullness being more for overall strength against curbs and driveways, I really wonder how good it is against highway hazards. On the other hand, if it stiffens the splitter, will the lack of flexibility make it more vulnerable to curb and driveway damage? Sorry for all the questions, I'm really considering one but I'm wondering how useful it really is.

Just for verification..is this going to mount to the Mirko, the bumper, or the plastic splash shield/under-tray. The previous owner decided to ditch the under-tray so I no longer have it. I just want to know if I am going to need to pick up an under-tray or if I won't need it to mount the skid plate.

Just for verification..is this going to mount to the Mirko, the bumper, or the plastic splash shield/under-tray. The previous owner decided to ditch the under-tray so I no longer have it. I just want to know if I am going to need to pick up an under-tray or if I won't need it to mount the skid plate.

Mounts to the Mirko.

Hi, havent checked the GB thread in a long time, because I thought all my purchasing was done for this car. However I did a quick read through of this thread and if this group buy is happening for sure, I would like to be included 100%.

Is it too late to get in?

Let me know. Thanks!

I'm really considering one but I'm wondering how useful it really is.

That was my concern to begin with honestly, I feel that no one cares about the bottom of the mirko, what really matter is the lip of it that is exposed to the road and what not, that I feel should be protected the most :shrug:

That was my concern to begin with honestly, I feel that no one cares about the bottom of the mirko, what really matter is the lip of it that is exposed to the road and what not, that I feel should be protected the most :shrug:

The skid plate will extend beyond the front of the Mirko to do just that...:confused:

Is it too late to get in?

Let me know. Thanks!

From the looks of it, it shouldn't be a problem. I'm sure Josh will chime in soon with a definitive answer.

Last edited:
From the looks of it, it shouldn't be a problem. I'm sure Josh will chime in soon with a definitive answer.

nope, not too late.

Sorry for the slow updates. I've been out of bed for about 2 hours in the last two days. I've been terribly sick. This couldn't have come at a worse time as while trying to get the skid plate drawing done I'm also trying to pack for a move this Saturday. I was supposed to be taking my mirko and the prelim CAD drawings to work early on Monday to get them polished, but since i haven't been there in two days it's kind of hard.

~Josh

nope, not too late.

Sorry for the slow updates. I've been out of bed for about 2 hours in the last two days. I've been terribly sick. This couldn't have come at a worse time as while trying to get the skid plate drawing done I'm also trying to pack for a move this Saturday. I was supposed to be taking my mirko and the prelim CAD drawings to work early on Monday to get them polished, but since i haven't been there in two days it's kind of hard.

~Josh

Oh don't give me that whining crap. I want my exhaust and my Mirko skid plate pronto >:0.

lol j/k bud. Get well soon. Whenever you have enough strength to get out of bed I'm sure you will be back to working on this product and I'm also sure it will be a quality piece.

I'm really hoping to have this GB done and over with by the end of April, so they should be out no later than that baring any other problems.

Well, i said baring any problems.....and there are problems.....

I've got a lot of R&D time to put into this design as of late. I've got so many things going on right now at PRT and in my personal life i can't give you an honest delivery date that i know i can hold to 100%. I apologize to all of you that had your hopes up on this happening very soon, but as of right now I'm going to work on this as time permits and hope for a prompt release. Once the design is completed I'm going to have it quoted by a few more shops as it's seems i may be able to get a better deal from a more local shop.

I will provide an update ASAP, but it will most likely not be for a couple weeks. Know this, when they are released they will be perfect.

~Josh

Thanks for the update Josh!

I hope you're feeling better. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back