• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Who here might be interested in ........

Who here might be interested in ........

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
God this is getting me excited. I need to finish this 3L already and start saving for this!

Yes....yes you do..Although it wont be fair that your SE will be faster than my SVT. Oh well, gotta rep the nati

Yeah, the contour support in Cincinnati is pathetic so I gotta make up for it somehow. I ordered the rest of the gaskets and they should be here soon then that sucker will be done.

Where will the wideband o2 sensor bung be located?

For that matter, what will be done for the one downstream o2 sensor that was in the y-pipe?

The downstreams O2 are going to be eliminated and that is also done with tuning. The true wide band if you buy one will need to be welded before the flex pipe. Joey

Yeah, the contour support in Cincinnati is pathetic so I gotta make up for it somehow. I ordered the rest of the gaskets and they should be here soon then that sucker will be done.

Def drop me a message when you get close or if you just need an extra hand. I would love to get my hands dirty and get some experience with the 3.0. And yeah, contours in cincy suck. In the nati you either have a nice modded tour, I only know of 4 included mine and yours. A piece of you know what, prime example the green SVT that I see everymorning with both of his side skirts missing and messed up rear springs. Or third just plain stock, three of those at my school.

But hey we should give each other a hand on these turbo installs when they come around, will make it alot easier.

Oh doesn't it look great the piping I really love the way a FMIC looks.

turboproject_025.jpg

turboproject_026.jpg

i have a question. for some of us that already own a cold air intake, is there away that the kit will have a revision on the cold pipe from the FMIC to the TB.
there is a majority of us that have already used a holesaw and drilled the hole for the intake.
like this pic
img3266ua0.jpg

also where is the MAF going to be placed , can i keep the maf where i have it now

Maf placement has to be determined. Still working some things out about it and I don't want to commit to that right now.

We have the choice of blow-thru and draw through. For short intake piping systems like through a water-air setup the draw through is the best way to go.

For something this long it will require some different tuning to deal with. I'd prefer that we stick with draw through but we may want to experiment with a blow-thru system just to see what happens.

Fordrule by looking at the pics all you have to do it make 90 degree and a another 90 degree elbow to the Turbo inducer. The only problem you may have is mounting the distribution box in the corner. Anyone who has modification will have to modify once again. Oh but if the return pipe runs straight through the wall it may come in contact with the pipe. Honestly if that was a decision for me to have 325 hp versus having a carbon fiber intake mine woulc be in the classifieds plus if you want to get a carbon fiber pip made for the intercooler piping then try it. Joey

Tom Ive heard that the new 05 mustang MAF can be arranged in a Blow through set up, Livinsvt may have some more details for you....

Tom Ive heard that the new 05 mustang MAF can be arranged in a Blow through set up, Livinsvt may have some more details for you....

Well yeah, they can ALL be put in that configuration but do you really want to measure the mass of compressed hot air...even intercooled? I am sure it will not read accurately...not saying it can't be compensated for in the tuning but it will not read the way it was designed. The end result may be fine though so we will entertain the notion.

For now keep in mind the MAF is designed for atmospheric pressure over a temperature range that is considered ambient for any climate. That would be like 0F-140F maybe? Now keep in mind that the lowest boosted temps going into the engine under load are probably in the 110s but more likely 130F range.
Non intercooled at about 7-8psi the intake temps will climb to 190*F. ON a hot day who knows how hot it will get...:shocked:

I only mentioned the new Mafs because I was told about a mustang running it as a blow through with a paxton kit. I figured that something changed with the new mustang mafs to make it easier to measure in a blow through set up

Ok the kit is completed I am going reinstall it on the car and verify once more it fits once again. I need to route the intake once the air filter comes in plus I will build a MAF adapter too tomorrow. Now there are seams that will be eliminated once the jig is made. I am shooting for having it tuned by next week in my car I will hit a dyno wednesday of next week plus the have import face off coming down here to Noproblemraceway so I will show the kit off there. Looks like the kit will hit full production end of this month for sure.
turboproject_037.jpg

wow...good work...its just sad that i wont have money for a year to buy one of these beauties...also its too bad that you probably wont be making them anymore by then either...

Jigs are being made for a reason, so that these kits can be offered whenever. So a year out, you probably will be able to purchase the kit, so keep saving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back