Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

resonator delete

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • resonator delete

    does anybody have any knowledge on resonator deletes? like if hurts the car in any way? if there are any other problems associated with this kind of mod??
    needing help soon!!!
    Matt
    1998 silver SVT Contour
    Shawnee, KS

  • #2
    Originally posted by 98silverCSVT View Post
    does anybody have any knowledge on resonator deletes? like if hurts the car in any way? if there are any other problems associated with this kind of mod??
    needing help soon!!!
    Have it cut out, and put a piece of straight pipe there, no ill effects at all!

    Comment


    • #3
      what kind of cost goes into installing a straight pipe in for the resonator?
      Matt
      1998 silver SVT Contour
      Shawnee, KS

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by 98silverCSVT View Post
        what kind of cost goes into installing a straight pipe in for the resonator?
        if the shop charges more then 40 bucks, take is elsewhere!

        Comment


        • #5
          Many say that a straight pipe will lead to rasp, you can also replace the factory resonator with a muffler with a 2.25" diameter, straight through design. I personally used a glasspack instead, others prefer a magnaflow. Check out the exhaust clips thread to get your own opinion.
          Scott
          '07 Mazdaspeed 3
          "The Dutchman"

          Liking induction even more when it's forced.

          Comment


          • #6
            20 dollar glass pack FTMFW!!!
            buy me,95 conotur se
            http://contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=36638

            Comment


            • #7
              getsum111 is right on the rasp. i personally suggest cutting the res, replacing with a straight pipe then adding a magnaflo (M-11114)
              good sound and not ricey at all.



              Originally posted by getsum111 View Post
              Many say that a straight pipe will lead to rasp, you can also replace the factory resonator with a muffler with a 2.25" diameter, straight through design. I personally used a glasspack instead, others prefer a magnaflow. Check out the exhaust clips thread to get your own opinion.
              1998.5 Silfro CSVT #6418
              2004 Merc Marauder *sold*
              2000 Toyota 4Runner "Highlander"
              **reddired - (ready red)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by 95pgt-t View Post
                20 dollar glass pack FTMFW!!!

                You'll be able to hear it at Carlisle if you're going.
                Scott
                '07 Mazdaspeed 3
                "The Dutchman"

                Liking induction even more when it's forced.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I did the Resonator delete and put in a 2.25" midpipe. Sounds good but beware your y-pipe or flex pipe might break...Mine did and it flutters and sounds poopy.
                  1998.5 CSVT #475
                  Former car : 2001 Mazda MP3 #474
                  ???? Interesting!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by getsum111 View Post
                    You'll be able to hear it at Carlisle if you're going.
                    i'm going to carlisle,and i've heard them before. i sold mine to christine for her daughter
                    buy me,95 conotur se
                    http://contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=36638

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      ^Steph still has that SVT exhaust and glass pack on her Contour.
                      She gets lots of compliments on the sound.
                      Christine

                      2019 Ford Edge ST
                      www.velossatechdesign.com

                      2000 Ford SVT Contour #1412

                      1998 Ford SVTContour #2059. 3 March 2004 - 18 June 2012- SOLD
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/560265

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by LUCA View Post
                        ^Steph still has that SVT exhaust and glass pack on her Contour.
                        She gets lots of compliments on the sound.
                        It really does sound good that way especially if thats the only mod you do.

                        Once you touch any of the 3 cats. The sound changes dramatically.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I should add, my daughter has MSDS headers on her car with the SVT exhaust and glass pack.

                          Even before we installed the headers it sounded good. With the headers it now has a nice deeper tone to it and its louder.
                          Christine

                          2019 Ford Edge ST
                          www.velossatechdesign.com

                          2000 Ford SVT Contour #1412

                          1998 Ford SVTContour #2059. 3 March 2004 - 18 June 2012- SOLD
                          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/560265

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            i have msds headers and a 3" test pipe with a magnaflow cat to a cherry and a stock svt exhaust,

                            once i changed the cat i got a little rasp out of this setup, very little but enough that i want to change it, sounds like crap when cold. warm it has great tone though.

                            im thinking of using msds/bat y pipe to my 3" catted test pipe, a 3" pipe with a BIG magaflow resonator then splitting into 2.5" for the y pipe and having straight pipes out the back. i think that would sound awsome, and very loud.
                            #1119
                            Custom interior
                            17" Excel Maj's Gunmetal
                            15% Tint
                            3L Escape 3.0 20k
                            Xcal 3 from nautilus performance
                            MSDS headers
                            trubendz 3" test pipe with Magnaflow Cat
                            cherry bomb resonator
                            knauberized
                            hightowers w/ eyelids
                            stazi g2 grilles

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              or just downsize to the proper sized exhaust. that should change you note a bit too
                              buy me,95 conotur se
                              http://contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=36638

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X