• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

msds header install

n30

CEG'er
Ne1 got any tips?? The mechanic that normally does my work is saying we need to pull the entire engine to do it? I'm guessing that's the way? But newayz just wanting info from you guys if you have personally done it. Thanks! God bless! James

Ne1 got any tips?? The mechanic that normally does my work is saying we need to pull the entire engine to do it? I'm guessing that's the way? But newayz just wanting info from you guys if you have personally done it. Thanks! God bless! James

Pull the engine :help:

Please don't remove the engine!!! You can remove everything from under the car. Please look above in the sticky threads for how to install the msds headers. There are links my friend.

For front remove the radiator for extra room. easy process.

For the back long extension and go behind the frame with extensions to reach the rear header.

That is all......

If after those suggestions you are still struggleing with the rear, taking off the alternator does provide a bit more room.

YES CONTOUR AGGRESSION! ROAR! I know some of your anger is due to the fact that our contours are rediculously slow (but good for the 2k$ I paid haha), so I do understand, but actually...I am having some sort of IE problem and it would not let me search...technically posting took about 3 times as long as just searching like I would've liked to do...not sure what's up with this comp I'm on. I appologize for your anger in my actions...lol.

When your main CEG page comes up, click on old forums, the go to Duratec Performance, then to Bolt on Basics. Scroll down & Click on Tourige's Header how to. If you have MSDS, ignore the part about cutting the EGR tube. On 2nd though, click on the header FAQ by Tourige after you get done reading the how-to.

Just did a set this weekend. It's not what I'd call fun, :laugh: , but you can do it if you can turn a wrench and read. :laugh: You DO NOT need to pull the motor. Tell your mechanic to look over the aforementioned theads, it should make it a lot easier for him. ;)

YES CONTOUR AGGRESSION! ROAR! I know some of your anger is due to the fact that our contours are rediculously slow (but good for the 2k$ I paid haha), so I do understand,.

Your TRYING to sell you car for $6900(as listed in sig) but you just told us you paid 2,000:troutslap:.......weird and a little dumb on your part......I think Yes!

hi...lareous.

hi...lareous.

Wow...you eat paint chips what? Ever made money on a car b4 cuz you got it for EXTREMELY cheap??? OWNED? If you are thinking the way that you are...I believe YOU are owned...wow. I LOVE the people's attitudes on the contour forums, always very welcoming....right....The dude I bought the car from was a friend and HAD to get rid of it asap, the car is easily worth 6k. Have a nice day, God bless. James
(and btw I have someone coming to meet me and drive the car this weekend interested in buying it....OH OH...for 6900$....WOW? OWNED?)

I'm not going to respond to this person comment because I do not want to start a flaming war,but the only way a 99 csvt is worth $6900 is if it is in excellent condition with low miles and or extensivley(sp)modified and the person purchasing the car likes and respects the mods done to it.Who ever is looking at/buying it should sign up on here do a little research and find one thats equally as good for a lower price,But to each is own, i guess!?

Wow...you eat paint chips what? Ever made money on a car b4 cuz you got it for EXTREMELY cheap??? OWNED? If you are thinking the way that you are...I believe YOU are owned...wow. I LOVE the people's attitudes on the contour forums, always very welcoming....right....The dude I bought the car from was a friend and HAD to get rid of it asap, the car is easily worth 6k. Have a nice day, God bless. James
(and btw I have someone coming to meet me and drive the car this weekend interested in buying it....OH OH...for 6900$....WOW? OWNED?)

Don't get your panties all in a bunch. Yes this is a contour forum. Yes we may be dicks, and maybe *******s but we are contour owners.

If he paid 2k for it i doubt its in perfect condtion...

Hahahaa...for sure...sorry figured I would drop down a level for a minute..felt like it would relate more...just sold the car today for $5k.on with life...and away from flamour.org. God bless, James

btw have msds headers/u/d pulleys for sale for cheap if ne1 wants them ;).

doubt you actually sold it...

but cool dude, if it makes you feel better, all of us at CEG appreciate your time on the forums. were sad to hear that you're leaving :cry:

Back