No announcement yet.

#49's new powerplant has arrived, let the build begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well the info is out for the quote on the paint job with Lamettry's. We'll see what the damage is here soon. Going to start taking off the bumpers, fenders, and side skirts today. Woohoo... finally some progress now that Xmas shopping is over with :D Stay tuned for pics later on tonight!
    -Mike
    If you are wondering where the avatar came from look here... Link
    98 SVT Contour - HoK TruBlue|CF roof|#49/6535 DOB 3/25/97|550whp here I come|Follow my extremely slow 3L/turbo build here Link
    85 Camaro - 1969 350ci, 503BHP

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• im sorry you dont think they are junk but thts just my opinion. all the difs i herd that messed up that are torsen. Havent really herd of a quaif F up. And if you spend all that money on a dif and cant even replace any parts, you have to buy a hole new unit, thats junk to me anyways. If i had new that from the begining i would have spent the little bit of extra cash for the quaif. Not to mention quaifs have a LIFE TIME WARRANTY.

Comment

• funny how everyone was so slow to buy that quaife I was selling earlier this year..... especially considering I was selling a brand new in box one for less than the price of a new torsen.

still have some green samco hoses though anyone want them?
        I strongly abide by the motto, "Safety third."

I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes.

Comment

• My cars naked!

Got the all the exterior parts I wanted to off tonight. Front and rear bumpers, side skirts, fenders, side markers, and headlights.

I'm a little pissed too. I found a crack in my rear bumper tucked underneath, definitely going to need repair. Also my passenger side, side skirt was flexed at one point as the paint above the jack point cover is spydered a little and has a small dent. Not sure how I missed that... Hopefully the body shop can fix those issues for me though.

I'll post pics up tomorrow I'm to flippin tired... so with that I'm off to bed.
          -Mike
          98 SVT Contour - HoK TruBlue|CF roof|#49/6535 DOB 3/25/97|550whp here I come|Follow my extremely slow 3L/turbo build here Link

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Awesome! Pics on the progress would be awesome. Keep us updated on the traction bar as well. I would like to see how that works.

I would see how Goumba does with his GB for the LCA's and maybe a Traction Bar after that.

- amyn
            '99 (Mystichrome Bay) CSVT - 0532 - I can finally say that my car is a car again!!! www.facebook.com/fapauto - www.fapauto.com

Comment

• Originally posted by FIND View Post
              funny how everyone was so slow to buy that quaife I was selling earlier this year..... especially considering I was selling a brand new in box one for less than the price of a new torsen.

still have some green samco hoses though anyone want them?
              damn wished i had seen that

Comment

• sold it for 500 shipped including carrier bearings and the shims. Took more than a week before anyone even showed any real interest.

The samco hose kit never sold even at 150 shipped.

I was kinda disappointed honestly.

/threadjack
                I strongly abide by the motto, "Safety third."

I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes.

Comment

• And here you go, pics of the exterior tear down.

Need some heat in the frozen tundra...

Then I got some crap on the camera so excuse the spots

-Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Then I found this too...

holy flippin sand weight

-Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Oh and where do all of these parts go with such a small work space...

my basements unfinished spare bedroom hopefully the wife doesn't step in there anytime soon (I packed it full when it was 1:30am and she was sleeping ). It's kinda turning in to my spare parts/office area. Anyone want to buy a full sized L shaped office desk with a marble counter top?

Oh and look what came in the mail a few days ago...

needs some TLC, but I have some plans for it anyway.

-Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Very nice Mike! I've got to take off my front and rear bumpers for some painting and body work - any tips or instructions on how they come off?
                        2000 Black/Tan Contour SVT 3L - 131 of 2150
                        8lb Fidanza - Clutchnet Stage 3+ - Torsen T2
                        MSDS X-Treme Coated Headers - WeaponR Y-Pipe

Comment

• Originally posted by KyleQ View Post
                          Very nice Mike! I've got to take off my front and rear bumpers for some painting and body work - any tips or instructions on how they come off?
                          Very easy actually. It helps to have the Ford service manual CD. I can give you a copy if you want to swing by... just bring a blank CD.

Front bumper:

4 bolts, 2 on each side that go up through fender just behind the headlight. You will need to remove the inner wheel well liner to gain access to them.

2 more bolts, 1 on each side that go through the bottom back corners of the bumper to keep it held out.

2 push in tabs on the top of the bumper directly under the headlights and front grill

Rear bumper:
                          2 machine screws, 1 on each side behind the inner wheel well liner at the edge of the bumper in the arc.

4 large nuts (13mm), 2 on each side just above the exhaust tip on the bumper support.

I'd give you the sizes for the other bolts in the front bumper, but mine have been changed out and may be different. I believe the 4 bolts on the front bumper that go into the fender should be 10mm and the bottom 2 bolts are 8mm, but I'm not 100% positive on that.
                          -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Originally posted by CSVT#49 View Post
                            Very easy actually. It helps to have the Ford service manual CD. I can give you a copy if you want to swing by... just bring a blank CD.

Front bumper:

2 bolts on each side that go up through fender just behind the headlight. You will need to remove the inner wheel well liner to gain access to them.

2 more bolts, one on each side that go through the bottom back corners of the bumper to keep it held out.

2 push in tabs on the top of the bumper directly under the headlights and front grill

Rear bumper:
                            2 machine screws, one on each side behind the inner wheel well liner at the edge of the bumper in the arc.

4 large nuts (13mm), 2 on each side just above the exhaust tip on the bumper support.

Thats it? The front bumper is held on with 2 bolts, 2 tabs and the little bars that go to the outside corners? Tee rear is super easy as well - I've got 2 spare fronts and a spare rear, I would have thought they would be held on by more. Thx man! I'll have to swing by some time - I tried getting that cd once but it was corrupter.
                            2000 Black/Tan Contour SVT 3L - 131 of 2150
                            8lb Fidanza - Clutchnet Stage 3+ - Torsen T2
                            MSDS X-Treme Coated Headers - WeaponR Y-Pipe

Comment

• More good news too! I heard back from Full-Race last night and they are willing to work with me on a set of traction bars. Score!

This smiley seemed more appropriate heh...

or maybe...

-Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Originally posted by KyleQ View Post
                                I've got 2 spare fronts and a spare rear
                                2 spare fronts you say...

Are they both in good condition? My driver side wheel well on my front is flexed and it bows out a little more then it should...
                                -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

Working...
                                X