• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

*** OFFICIAL *** SE Meet - Atlanta

Brent372

Official SE Event Coordinator
OK. It is official !!!
We will be having a meet at Stone Mountain Park, just outside Atlanta, GA
I am in the process of organizing a group rate. Stay tuned for more info.

Saturday, October 4th

Hotel information and more details will be forthcoming.

This is why I named you the SE Official meet Coordinator. You are the man when it comes to meets and everyone always has a great time. Im going to ask my boss for that week off lets see what he says. If I go Ill be taking a CSVT I just dont know which one.

Awesome.
We will be going up on Wednesday to the Atlanta area and doing other "touristy" things on Thursday and Friday.

Our Agenda

Our Agenda

Since this is a vacation for the wife and myself, here is our agenda (starting on Wednesday, October 1st.
Anybody that wants to join us is more than welcome to.

Wednesday (day) - Travel to Atlanta
Wednesday (evening) - Possible Thrashers / Red Wings pre-season hockey game
Thursday - either Zoo or Aquarium
Friday (day) - Zoo or Aquarium (whichever wasn't done on Thursday)
Friday (evening) - Varsity for dinner
Satruday (day) - Meet @ Stone Mountain
Saturday (evening) - Laser Show @ Stone Mountain
Saturday (night) - Party @ hotel
Sunday (morning) - Traditional end-of-meet breakfast
Sunday (day) - Travel home or possibly relax @ hotel
Monday - Travel home if we stay Sunday

I think I can make this! So far, my classes either have exams before or couple weeks after this meet date. Should I go, I might head out Friday afternoon, right after classes.

I'm starting to get excited. :laugh:

1. Brent372 / SVTFLEA
2. KerryKool

So why isn't your name on the list?

Because I'm unsure how my car is going to look in a couple of weeks. I'm having 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th thoughts about putting in a 3liter with headers, exhaust and tune. LSD, axles, flywheel, and clutch for the drivetrain. Some FIA seats inside and some other things before next months race. All that may leave my car incomplete and my wallet empty. But if all that does happen, my car will be really freaking fast at the end of next month. I'm unsure for now. If I can make it, I won't skip out.

well consider me not there as i will be working that weekend. if anyone wants to stop and chat on the way home your more than welcome. I really wanted to see svttours t-red.

I found a Days Inn about 4 miles from Stone Mountain at Days Inn. It is $55.15 plus tax for the weekend nights. Brent and I will probably be there starting on Wednesday night.
COME ON GUYS...its almost time!!! We need more people!

well consider me not there as i will be working that weekend. if anyone wants to stop and chat on the way home your more than welcome. I really wanted to see svttours t-red.

Which one I have 2? The turbo wont be ready by then and I dont think I can make this meet due to problems at work. I think Im hanging on by a thread and it wouldnt be smart to ask for a vacation.

I wont drive up friday night because I work friday morning and I drive 8 hours for work and then to drive another 8 out of state is out of the question.

Well, it looks like this is not going to happen... :cry:
Brent and I will still be going for our vacation, so if anyone wants to join us you are more than welcome. I think we will be sticking to the original agenda.

Just stopped by this thread. I'll technically be there, although I'm hitting ATL at 5am for a flight to Cozumel. :crazy: So no Zoom Zoom at this meet. Still gotta beg my lady to let me go to Deal's Gap when we get back. :crazy:

well i wish i could go. it's just that i don't get off til 4 in the afternoon that saturday. I'll try to come up and meet ya'll though.

Well it looks like we will be cancelling it officially due to lack of interest.
As Kim said, we are sticking to our originally plans so if anybody wants to meet up, just PM me.

Dont say lack of interest. I really want to go, but Id rather have a job when I get back.

Back