• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

which site is prefferred

montrese04

Veteran CEG'er
ok first off where can i get D2R bulbs on 9006 bases?

secondly which site is more preferred

DDMTuning which has a 4500k bulb and is $56 shipped to my door (OR)

vvme which has the 4300k bulb and is $66 shipped to my door

because i want this to be (EXTREMELY SIMPLE) i dont care if i haft to change the polarity. but would like to know which of these dishes out the most trouble when it comes to installation.

from my understanding they are both plug and play.

what is the warrenty on the vvme? the raptors are one year ...

I would spend a few more $'s and get the DDM kit and get a lifetime warrenty

just to be clear the 35w ddm ballast vs the 55w ddm ballast. Has no difference in brightness of the bulb?

and if there is no difference then why the different wattage

just to be clear the 35w ddm ballast vs the 55w ddm ballast. Has no difference in brightness of the bulb?

and if there is no difference then why the different wattage

I never brought that up. you can get the DDM ballast in 35 watt or 55 watt. if you read the site they explain how the two differ. yes the 55 watt will be brighter.

ok so lets say i want a 55w ballast. i read the example the has and from what it sound like. they say "a 55w 8000k will look similar in color to a 35w 6000k kit)." So does this mean i should get a 6k bulb in order to get the color of a 4k which is the color that keeps cops off my tail.

or risk getting a 4k bulb and it looking yellowish

yes that is what the site is indicating.

also 35 watt is more then bright enough, imho. I was following another member and asked about the aiming of my lights and he said it was fine, but bright. I do believe everyone liked how they looked also. 35 watt, 4500K

ok so lets say i want a 55w ballast. i read the example the has and from what it sound like. they say "a 55w 8000k will look similar in color to a 35w 6000k kit)." So does this mean i should get a 6k bulb in order to get the color of a 4k which is the color that keeps cops off my tail.

Honestly if keeping the cops off your tail is even a thought I'd stick with the 35w kit. Its already plenty right and having more power in a headlight that wasnt designed for it is just gonna draw more attention.

Thats only if you're willing to wait for them to come back in stock.

ok then guys. thanks a whole bunch. looks like i will go with ddm and their 35 watt ballast with 5k bulbs seeing as another member DYoel. says the 4500 might not be in stock. tho i wll try and see if they do have em in.

edit: just called them and they have the 9006 bulbs in stock. from what two of the people that work there say.

ok then guys. thanks a whole bunch. looks like i will go with ddm and their 35 watt ballast with 5k bulbs seeing as another member DYoel. says the 4500 might not be in stock. tho i wll try and see if they do have em in.

edit: just called them and they have the 9006 bulbs in stock. from what two of the people that work there say.

what he is talking about is DDM Tuning have the raptor HIDs in stock. the product is only a few months old so that are not stocking it as of yet, so its ordered every few weeks and there are resellers that buy like 50 sets at a time so you might have to wait to get a set.

the DDM set on the other hand has been on the market for 3 years or so and they have them in stock. plus for the few $'s more they cost you get a life time warrenty over the one year on the raptor kit.

I use to get mine off this guy on ebay who rebased Philips bulbs, he did temps such as 4300K or 6000K ultinons, PM me and ill give you his info..he's def. solid and I never once had a problem with his stuff..please remember, you always get what you pay for and in my books Philips HIDs > anything else in the market..

i just picked up the ddm kit about 2 weeks ago and another ceg'er i know should be getting his real soon so i think they're in stock. i am really happy with them. just a heads up you might have to install the polarity backwards because that is what happened with mine; they wouldn't turn on then i just flipped them around.

i just picked up the ddm kit about 2 weeks ago and another ceg'er i know should be getting his real soon so i think they're in stock. i am really happy with them. just a heads up you might have to install the polarity backwards because that is what happened with mine; they wouldn't turn on then i just flipped them around.

UM I think we all done figured that out already dude ;)

Well I'm pretty sure we both got the raptor kits... those are the 35w ones for 40 bucks right? If thats the case thats the kit we got from DDM

yes the raptor kit is $40+shipping from DDM. the DDM brand hids are $65 iirc. difference is one product is 3 years old and one less then a year, and one has a lifetime warrenty and one has a 1 year warrenty

and also to add the Rator ballest are very tiny, they can fit into the palm of your hand they are so small/thin

Back