• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

which site is prefferred

Fyi I have both kits that the OP has listed. One installed on the contour and one installed on the mazda. A few weeks ago when the weather was dry I pulled both cars out and parked them side by side and the difference is incredible. The 55w 4500k (4300k) bulbs are so much brighter and are noticably whiter. As far as the 4300k being yellow with the 55w ballasts, thats not true at all.

I will try to get a picture when it stops raining but I will say that the contour looks dim and blue compared to the protege and I am half thinking about getting a new 55w kit for the contour.

Fyi I have both kits that the OP has listed. One installed on the contour and one installed on the mazda. A few weeks ago when the weather was dry I pulled both cars out and parked them side by side and the difference is incredible. The 55w 4500k (4300k) bulbs are so much brighter and are noticably whiter. As far as the 4300k being yellow with the 55w ballasts, thats not true at all.

I will try to get a picture when it stops raining but I will say that the contour looks dim and blue compared to the protege and I am half thinking about getting a new 55w kit for the contour.

thanks for letting me know about the comparison i think i might try to call them up today and see if they've shipped it out yet. But if not i will make my change to the 55w ballast.

If you do let us know. I'm sure someone will snatch the 35w kit off you in minutes.

Received my raptor kit on my door step sometime Wednesday April 22nd i ordered them on the 16th of April. The company is in cali and i live in Ga so i think that was decent shipping time.

Back