• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What kind of power are you making with your 2.5L SVT

my98SVTturbo

Hard-core CEG'er
What kind of power is your SVT 2.5L putting out on the dyno with bolt ons N/A? list what mods you have and how much power your getting. I m just wondering beacuse i want to know what the maximum power output is of the 2.5L with the bolton parts that are availbe for the SVT.

So.. couldn't you have searched for the most powerful 2.5 there is/was?
:confused:

That being said, Kremithefrog's (my prior) SVT made 189(IIRC?) whp with an intake and exhaust.

Demonsvt's made 192 whp before true duals and apexi iirc. I cant remember the exact mods, but if he had dynoed again I wouldnt be surprised if he was probably close to 200 whp.

184 HP\166 TQ with no tune. The graph was still going up at the fuel cutoff, would have seen 190+ with a bumped up rev limiter.

200 whp is very possibly with a well modded 2.5L with a sexy tune. However, 200 ft. pounds of torque is not possible in my opinion with just bolt ons and a tune.

No, I am just a little out of it right now and I baballing on. :troutslap: Give me a break josh! :D

Break granted....:laugh:

So anyway, onto the topic at hand, if you want to go balls-out with an unlimited budget, you could always got the Robert Mumm and Capauldi way and build a 295HP N/A 2.5....

Break granted....:laugh:

So anyway, onto the topic at hand, if you want to go balls-out with an unlimited budget, you could always got the Robert Mumm and Capauldi way and build a 295HP N/A 2.5....

Thank you...

and don't get too crazy on us here. I think we are talking about a streetable stock internal N/A pump gas 2.5L SVT motor!! :D I would love to drive one of those cars though!

mumm brothers. werent they trying to sell one of their engines on the old forums??? for awhile too,i think it was on ebay as well

yeah, they have stuff for sale over on NECO last I checked. They have a car and engines for sale.

Capauldi is selling his setup on NECO. If i'm not mistake it's Mumms car and engines he purchased that he's calling his own.

I learned a lot from the Mumm brothers, and you'll see that in the track car.

As an estimate, i'd say you can get over 200HP and just shy of 175tq out of a stock internal 2.5 with all the bolt ons and a fantastic tune but in the end, nothing beats a 3L

295HP N/A 2.5L? wow. so why is everyone saying that i would only make 240WHP max on a 3L? sounds crazy. what did they do to unlock all that HP!

295HP N/A 2.5L? wow. so why is everyone saying that i would only make 240WHP max on a 3L? sounds crazy. what did they do to unlock all that HP!

Custom cams, forged pistons, forged rods, blueprinted blocks, flowbendched heads, name it, they did it. Have fun spending a pile of money on R&D to build your fantastic unstreatable N/A motor.

Also note that you asked for power numbers with all the bolt-ons, you want bigger power, you're going beyond bolt-ons. I'd say they were about right with their estimates for what you asked for.

~Josh

Last edited:

240?? damn!

i think i have pretty much all the available bolts for my 3L (3L heads) and only put down 220hp, which i thought was rather good. wtf am i missing here? :confused:

i have WR headers, Truebends high flow cat and magnaflow cat back, K&N cai, svt cams, adc sexy tune, spec clutch/flywheel, ........ what else is there can possibly add 20 more hp? :confused:

dont forget OP, you can always add NOSS. :cool:

240?? damn!

i think i have pretty much all the available bolts for my 3L (3L heads) and only put down 220hp, which i thought was rather good. wtf am i missing here? :confused:

i have WR headers, Truebends high flow cat and magnaflow cat back, K&N cai, svt cams, adc sexy tune, spec clutch/flywheel, ........ what else is there can possibly add 20 more hp? :confused:

dont forget OP, you can always add NOSS. :cool:
port and polish heads,bigger throttle body,extrude hone(port and polish) the intake manifold.

Optimized secondaries (or no secondaries)

ported heads professionally, CAT stage4 cams.

a bump in compression would be good if there was a way. it would probably have to include welding onto the heads and reshaping them so that they would not interfere with piston to valve clearance.

Back