• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Which P.O.S. stole my car

mattsBLK99cSVT

Hard-core CEG'er
The title says exactly what I'm going to say. Well I was going to be purchasing my svt today but now its mysteriously sold.:mad: So my conclusion is some scumbag ceg'r got it. They probably saw the pics of it and scooped it up right from under my feet. :mad: I'm greaty :mad: angered:mad: as this was my find and I had my heart set on it. I've been busting my @$$ saving up money for it. Now I have to start alllll over again looking for a pristine svt. All I can say is I hope your happy and I pray a thousand times over that your motor will blow up and a piston shoots out and hits you in the head. If I get banned for this lilttle outburst so be it. I just had to let you all know how I feel about the situation.

I bought it. Now I'm gonna drive it to your house and blow it up right in front of you. Why would you tell everyone about your gold mine before you owned the rights to it?

Ummmm, what? You found an SVT, and you assume another CEG'er bought it? Where were the pictures posted? Did YOU post the pictures, telling people you were going to buy it? If so, WTF were you thinking? You post pictures, AFTER you buy the car! How much was it going for? What year? Specs? You should have bought my car, it was for sale forever, and mint!

Mark

Needs less drama.
Like others have stated - If you had your heart set on this car, why would you advertise it?

Why didn't you put down a deposit or something if you were that set on it?
You do understand that money talks and BS walks right? You didn't have the money and someone else did. If I was selling the car I am not going to wait for you to save your pennies and roll your dimes. I'm going to sell it to the first person that gives me what I want for it.

Too bad for you.

Sorry that someone bought it, technically its not "your" car unless you put a deposit on the car. Its fair game to anyone. I've had people tell me they really like my car and they are interested in buying it or would really like to buy my turbo kit. But at the end of the day, really wanting my car doesnt put money in my pocket. It has been 4 days since you posted about the car. A lot can happen in that time. The 1999 SVT I bought that is pretty much mint, was only on the market for 3 days. The owner said he had another guy coming to look at the car, so I immediately put a deposit down. I wasnt taking any chances.

I suppose you might learn something from this though. Dont post until you own it. If you dont want people buying it, dont spread the word.

I wouldnt stress out too much about it. Its only a car and its not the best one out there. Thats what I've had to realize about my SE. I hate to see it go after all the work I've put in to it, but its just a car.

sucks but everyone else is right and it might not even be a ceg'er. i chanced on one in the middle of no where on sum tiny little lot and when i went to ask about it someone already put down a deposit.

just bad luck

i'm sorry that happened to you man, but everything happens for a reason. I'm sure you'll find another one soon enough. I seem to see a bunch of them in the classifieds now a days

So you called DIBS, who tf cares??

"I want this car, you guys like? Let me tell you WHERE it is, HOW MUCH they want for it, and ALL THE COOL STUFF ABOUT IT! Hell, I'll even show you some PICTURES of it! Just don't go a buy it because I'm still saving my allowance for it. They don't do lay-a-way (bummer) "

As stated before, money talks. ESPECIALLY to a USED CAR SALESMAN!!!

It took me six months or so to find my SVT. I learned that you have to be willing and able to close a deal quickly if you find the right one. I lost out on three or four SVT's because I wasn't fast enough.

Now that you've almost saved the cash, sit on it and wait for the next clean low mileage SVT. For what you're willing to pay, you can get a very nice car from a CEG member if you wait long enough.

I feel bad for you, but all is fair in love and war and car purchases.

yep thats what im going to do now just sit around and wait but maybe ill just put it all down on a new civic si but id hate to do that, give up the duratec purr for some rice

Back