• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

CEL p1131 and p0303

These instructions are for a 2.5 liter engine and I believe the zetec is only a 2.0. Am I wrong in my thinking or is the O2 sensor in the same spot regardless?
The instructions are for both. The pictures are for the 2L Zetec. The schematics are for the 2.5L Duratec.

So I went to by a new O2 sensor today and the CEL was off. Does this mean that the sensor isnt bad, or is this a common occurance. I plan on trying to read for code again in the morning. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I havent pulled codes yet, I was wondering if anyone knows of a good way to remove some rust from a white paint on the underside of the passenger door well? the car is a 99 cavalier.

I changed the upstream O2 sensor on Sunday and have not pulled a CEL yet since. However in the mornings my car will stall after initial startup because the rpms fall to low. After I rev the engine a few times it pretty much disappears. I also have an idle issue with the rpms falling to low occasionally when I stop at a light or sign.
I installed new spark plugs, vacuum tested the EGR valve, cleaned the IAC, newer MAF, and checked for vacuum leak by using carb cleaner to spray around areas. I am know stuck on what else to do to remedy this idle situation.

Back