• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What day works for YOU??

What day works for YOU??

• Saturday April 10th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sunday April 11th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saturday April 17th

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Sunday April 18th

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Saturday April 24th

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Sunday April 25th

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
Yeah that whole situation going on with your car sucks. Hope something works out job wise and that the car gets fixed!

On another note, I GOT MY CF M5 LIP SPOILER!! It looks nice :D, though it is different than yours. Mine can mount right on the edge of the trunk.. like RIGHT on the edge. I'd rather have it mount that way. I'm going to see if I have enough money to get it installed tomorrow at Ottawa Auto Body. No matter how I try to mount it, it's going to need a little persuasion.

Its probably the same, just mine isnt mounted directly at the edge. Im not feeling the lip spoiler look anyways anymore so thats why Im looknig at a CF trunk :)

Rain is delaying me being able to go work on the SVT so I wont be there tomorrow, its still in the parkinglot by itself...

Edit: this one, right?

331132145_o.jpg

No, it's not that angled/doesn't have such an agressive angle on it. When it's mounted, the way I want it to be, it will be more angled than that. It can be mounted right on the edge of our trunk. I'll try to take a pic of it if I can't find one on the interwebzz. Is that an M5 one mounted on a 3 series?

Yeah that sucks man. It sucks even more for me because my iPod doesn't work :(.

Edit: It looks more like this:

pro_aero_E90_TRUKCF03_800.jpg

body_e82_carbon_fiber_rear_lip_spoiler_e88_128i_135i_1_series_BM-0228-CF_1.jpg

yeah thats an M5 on the 3 series so Im not sure what lip spoiler you actually got then lol...cuz the one in the photo I posted is the same as mine which is the M5 lip. Weird but I'll have to wait for a photo of yours to see lol

I think my M5 lip is a different generation one than yours. Your's looks like might be the E39 one and I have the E60 one. I like mine though because I like the way it mounts!

I'll take a pic in a bit. I have to go out to get some cat food for my cat.. in this crappy ass weather.

Yeah who knows. I am kind of stuck right now due to lack of funds with my job cut so I need a F/T job ASAP! Then I can continue working on the SVT and modding it even more...sooo many plans and no money, lol :(

Winter time is going to bring some interesting things with my SVT, so just wait and see what happens :)

As for the first statement, tell me about it! I want to be buying ALOT of more expensive performance stuff, but I can only buy aesthetic mods for now. The only other performance mods I can do now is probably just the headers I'm getting soon. Looks like no 3L for me this year. Yeah, come winter time.. look out haha. No boost for me, but still look out :)... if all goes as planned.

So you got laid off?? Damn dude, stuff's not working out right now huh? Best of luck to you sir!

On another note, you can call my car the official "VR6 slayer" haha. Guess why?? :)

Well my SVT is back running FINALLY :D

It was exactly what we thought, signal wire was bare and melted to the constant 12v wire so we redid everything and cleaned it all up and now its mint. Saw a bunch of stuff I plan on cleaning up as well over winter storage (wires, couple coolant tubes, etc)

Car even ran without stalling once we got it running, but it tried stalling a few times by getting a really low loopy idle....and then the scariest part was when I tried downshifting from 5th to 4th on the offramp it DID stall- good thing i knew right away to look as i shifted and got it started quick so i regained power steering and control :)

Well my SVT is back running FINALLY :D

It was exactly what we thought, signal wire was bare and melted to the constant 12v wire so we redid everything and cleaned it all up and now its mint. Saw a bunch of stuff I plan on cleaning up as well over winter storage (wires, couple coolant tubes, etc)

Car even ran without stalling once we got it running, but it tried stalling a few times by getting a really low loopy idle....and then the scariest part was when I tried downshifting from 5th to 4th on the offramp it DID stall- good thing i knew right away to look as i shifted and got it started quick so i regained power steering and control :)

Nice man! Finally got that beast back on the road! haha.

Yeah, I need to do some of that cleaning too.. as I pointed out yesterday lol.

Good thing you caught it! Glad to hear its back on the road.

My car is FILTHY! So with that being said, Im going out to wash it and then time for a cruise, and then to the beach! Car hangout every Sunday @ Hamilton beach for anyone interested...it does get bad sometimes though (burnouts, loud music, etc)

Since it was mother's day today, I didn't head up. Next Sunday I will though!

My car is worse! I did a little photoshoot tonight, but I'm thinking of re-doing it tomorrow night if I can get the car washed tomorrow. I want to run it through a car wash (no touch of course).. should I with the way the spoiler is?? It's sticking to the double-sided tape now, but I'm afraid if any more water gets on it, the spoiler will un-stick itself from the tape.

Should I still post pics? They turned out real nice, but it kinda sucks because the car is pretty dirty.

post em up anyways lol. i got a few photos i will post from a multi location mini shoot with my buddy and his Saleen Mustang :)...just got home from it now lol so it will be a lil bit before i can get them to upload

Back