• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What day works for YOU??

What day works for YOU??

• Saturday April 10th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sunday April 11th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saturday April 17th

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Sunday April 18th

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Saturday April 24th

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Sunday April 25th

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
Dude.. that's EXACTLY what I did to fix mine haha! And I need a headlight switch panel too. Everytime I pull the switch for the fogs, the panel pops loose.

How do the fogs look??

Dude.. that's EXACTLY what I did to fix mine haha! And I need a headlight switch panel too. Everytime I pull the switch for the fogs, the panel pops loose.

How do the fogs look??

Ohh they look dirty lol.. so sick.

Pull your kickpanel off (where your feet/legs are) and that headlight panel is held on by 2 star screws from underneath that..yours are probably loose or missing. I believe its a 10mm bolt in 5 locations holding the panel on, so you will need an extension as well :)

Im just hoping the yard has a couple Contours I can get that headlight panel from. I also need to pick up the blank button beside the defroster as mine has a hole in it

Sure, Ill look for 2. What do you need exactly? Just the panel peice? Or like the entire headlight knob and stuff

Not looking good...

My car has started having some starting problems recently...i would go to crank it over and all I would get is a click from the starter and nothing else. When it started doing this, it would only do this like 3 times then it would start randomly after that. So it got to the point 2 nights ago where it took over at least 200 attempted cranks before it started, and again just got a click from the starter everytime before that.

And then, today. Car started mint the first try, drove to the scrapyard and it started mint first try again once I left...got home, picked up the GF to go to Burlington and then 5 minutes from my house there was a noise that just started which sounded like someone drilling or somethin, kind of high pitched. We assumed it was someone working in the car shop beside us (we were waiting at a red light) until it went green and we started to drive, and that noise got higher pitched as I revved to get going, so I pulled over in a parkinglot. Turned the car off, noticed I smelled something burning as well. Opened the hood, everything looked fine so I closed it and got back in, tried to start it and not even a click, nothing. My buddy happened to be in the lot and came over and noticed after I was tryin to start it there was smoke coming out from under the hood. Opened the hood and BAM, smoke pouring out like crazy from the starter which was almost on fire burning..and then, with the keys in my back pocket, nothing in ignition, the engine started to crank over before the starter started smoking again and then that was it. So a bad starter, right? Easy enough...my buddy picked me up a new one and brought it to me and we started to swap them, then came the rain and cold wind but whatever, we had to get it done. Got it swapped by 7:30pm or so (this all happened around 5) and put the battery back in, got the positive hooked up and then once the ground terminal touched it sparked...wtf? weird right? So then we touched it again and actually got it on the terminal and it started cranking over and over and over again, with the keys still in my pocket. So now I have a wiring issue in the harness/near the starter thats shorting and sending signal to crank over even though theres no key and it doesnt start obviously since theres no fuel being sent.

And to add to that, now I have to deal with the 100km stalling ECU again since it was reset :(

Going to look at it tomorrow again and hopefully figure something out, even though my car isnt at my house its stranded by itself in the same parkinglot as I type this.

Damn dude. That sucks. This is probably the last thing on your mind right now, but that probably means you won't be making it up to Ottawa Auto Body. If I were you, I'd probably care more about my car too right now than some dude who needs a lift haha.

yeah, not looking like ill be there. my buddy cant get here today so my cars going to continue sitting all alone in the parkinglot- and to boot, its not a very good, safe area either. :(

......................anyone interested in a 3L SVT ? :(

Ive realized Ford can only make proper V8's...lol...damn heaps

Damn that sucks dude. Looks like I'll have to find a way to amuse myself for like 4 hours lol. Hope you get that stuff sorted though!

Edit: So you giving up on the car then?? :eek:.

If I keep it, Im going to redo EVERYTHING over the winter and more stuff too..that way I know everythings good and proper. When I went to take the old starter out all the bolts and screws were loose it was brutal..no wonder it f*cked up on me!

I'll most likely end up keeping it, I dont really have a choice/better option...work hours got drastically cut so now Im struggling while looking for a new job :(

Fulltime job will mean I can finish the car off sooner than later

Back